Road sidewalk problems

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

leebowen
Engineer
Engineer

Road sidewalk problems

Post by leebowen »

HI!
I have a visual problem with sidewalks. When I modify the street, I destroy the local autority road, and build one by my own. Because I´m far away from the town center, the result is some blocks with concret sidewalks (or trees), and the new buil by me with only grass. Is it any way to avoid this effect?

I attach an example.
Attachments
IMG-20180401-WA0019.jpg
IMG-20180401-WA0019.jpg (406.33 KiB) Viewed 187 times
kamnet

Re: Road sidewalk problems

Post by kamnet »

No, there's no way to avoid it. The town decides whether or not sidewalks are built, and eventually it will rebuild them.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

i think what's happening here is that Town A built the roads, but Town B is closer, so if you build roads yourself, Town B's town zones will be used instead of Town A's. if Town B then is a tiny town, its outer roads won't have sidewalks.
alexboyland
Engineer
Engineer

Post by alexboyland »

Eddi wrote:i think what's happening here is that Town A built the roads, but Town B is closer, so if you build roads yourself, Town B's town zones will be used instead of Town A's. if Town B then is a tiny town, its outer roads won't have sidewalks.
I think that is happening. Its so difficault to erase towns with the editor so I only avoid them to generate roads, but the bigger town does not generete sidewalks.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”