Unable to remove slow wagon from consist

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Unable to remove slow wagon from consist

Post by Baldy's Boss »

I have largely converted the Charnston-Chinningdore route to Shinkansens with powered MU wagons.
However,when I try to remove a slower Talgo wagon from one of the trains to bring it up to the speed of the others,I get an error message.
They are of course from different NewGRF sets but what is causing the problem?
Attachments
TradingburyMountainR.R.Co.,1stJan2027.sav
(4.01 MiB) Downloaded 39 times
vrn
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Unable to remove slow wagon from consist

Post by vrn »

The issue seems to be the High Speed Mail Coach from 2cct, the other wagons can be removed after removing that one. That aside, I put some advice on how to increase the throughput of your station in the screenshot.
Attachments
Tradingbury  Mountain R.R. Co., 1st Jan 2027#3c.png
Tradingbury Mountain R.R. Co., 1st Jan 2027#3c.png (198.12 KiB) Viewed 151 times
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Baldy's Boss wrote:I have largely converted the Charnston-Chinningdore route to Shinkansens with powered MU wagons.
However,when I try to remove a slower Talgo wagon from one of the trains to bring it up to the speed of the others,I get an error message.
They are of course from different NewGRF sets but what is causing the problem?
The 2cc Trainset has some checks on wagons, but it is not build against such mixing, so you might trigger strange behaviour.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

vrn wrote:The issue seems to be the High Speed Mail Coach from 2cct, the other wagons can be removed after removing that one. That aside, I put some advice on how to increase the throughput of your station in the screenshot.
That enabled the speedup of the train,at the cost of mail capacity...as for moving the station,that would cost a substantial amount of the large buildings in the catchment area!
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

you can add a bus stop to extend catchment area

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”