Waypoint Orientation

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Waypoint Orientation

Post by Redirect Left »

Hi. I'm having a really annoying issue, which i'm pretty sure is just me forgetting a button or something.
I can only build waypoints in a certain direction, and i can't figure out how to change the direction. I'm only able to build the track in the direction of the images in the waypoint menu. I've tried dragging the waypoint in the direction i want it, i've tried spamming lots of buttons hoping it'll rote it, but for some reason i've got it stuck in this direction.
Any idea how I get unstuck from this peculiar situation? I have waypoints positions in the _ direction instead of the currently stuck at | so i have managed it in the past, i don't know where its all gone to pot now!

Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Waypoint Orientation

Post by acs121 »

Are you using the right railtype ? Using for example RAIL waypoints on ELRL track won't work.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Yes. I am using the right waypoints, to check I have tried to build both EL and non EL waypoints on this non EL track.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

what game version are you using?
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I am using JGRs patchpack.

edit: just realised this was a glitch in the patchpack that has recently been patched, sorry guys. Knew it'd be something silly!

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”