Missing vehicles?

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

CazadorSirenas
Engineer
Engineer

Missing vehicles?

Post by CazadorSirenas »

Hello people, I just yesterday downloaded 1.8.0 after long time no playing, so forgive me if this has already been addressed... Any help or infor will be appreciated :-)

I started a new game in 1936, made some roads to connect industries and cities and such, and then went to buy vehicles. But I have no option to buy coal trucks, for example, and others are also missing. I played for five years, thinking maybe it was too early, but no new trucks appeared. Looking it up on the net, it says it appears since 1935? Just to see, I fake-tried another new game in 1980, the several trucks were still missing.

In this game I'm playing the patch "Openttd-custom-jgrpp-0.26.1-MINGW-win64" because it allows multiple docks per harbour, but it happens the same in the original 1.8.0. I don't know if think that some NewGFR is not compatible? Since it's the first time I ever tried any out-game content. Just in case, these are the ones:

Generic_Tram_Set-0.4
Modern_Tram_Set-3.1
City_Tram_Set-B02
CZTR_Tram_set-1.0.1
FISH_ship_set-0.9.2
redFISH-0.4
Very_large_ships-0.1
Total_Town_Replacement_Set-3.14
Swedish_Houses-1.1.2
vrn
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Missing vehicles?

Post by vrn »

I guess one of the tram sets disables the default road vehicles. You might want to add a NewGRF that provides trucks and buses, e.g. Road Hog or eGRVTS2.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

If you wanted to find out, start a new game with only one of those sets enabled oh, I just use the process of elimination. Honestly can't think of any reason that any one of those sets would disable road vehicles automatically.

If anything, you can always add open gfx+ road vehicles to get the default Vehicles back. Or, a suggested you can explore some other road vehicle sets.
CazadorSirenas
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CazadorSirenas »

Okey, so I tried taking out the News one by one, since fortunately I didn't have that many :-) I got to the problem.

The "City_Tram_Set-B02" was conflicting with the missing trucks from default game.
Same happened with "FISH_ship_set-0.9.2" and "redFISH-0.4", they give you a lot of boats but disables the standard cargos.

Thanks a lot!

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”