Problem with proper adjust train signals

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

NETWolF
Engineer
Engineer

Problem with proper adjust train signals

Post by NETWolF »

Hello,

I play this nice game for a while and I can't figure out how to assign in proper way train signals. I created demo map with 2 platforms and one workshop. In there are 4 trains ready to go.

I was try to put different signals in different places, but always is situation: 2 trains is going opposite on the same track and stops.
Proper behavior should be that train should go to another track if this track is free, or stops earlier.

Can any of you help me to good understand this? What signals should I use on it?

Thanks for any suggestions.

In attachment is saved game with this.

BTW I'm playing v 1.8.0.
Attachments
3platformsx3.sav
(66.66 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
vrn
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Problem with proper adjust train signals

Post by vrn »

This wiki page might be helpful for you :) : https://wiki.openttd.org/Tutorial/Two_Tracks
When building single tracks with waiting bays, the best option is to put a oneway path signal at the exit of each waiting bay.
NETWolF
Engineer
Engineer

Post by NETWolF »

vrn wrote:This wiki page might be helpful for you :) : https://wiki.openttd.org/Tutorial/Two_Tracks
When building single tracks with waiting bays, the best option is to put a oneway path signal at the exit of each waiting bay.
Thanks very much. Today I spent on this more than half of the day :)

Now its working fine:
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

You may want to assign a direction to the two right-most tracks in the middle and use one-way path signals there. In general, trains run better if you give them a limited number of options.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”