Missing electric trains

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

OutSider03
Engineer
Engineer

Missing electric trains

Post by OutSider03 »

Hello guys.
So i've started to play with a couple of friends this game on multiplayer with hamachi. The problem is that we get the pop up to test electric trains or that an electric train was released but when we want to build it from a depot, there are no electric trains there. The server was reinstalled with all previous downloaded newgrfs deleted, but we are still missing the eletric trains and we are in the year 1990. Can somebody help me?
vrn
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Missing electric trains

Post by vrn »

I guess the depot wasn't electrified yet? To switch between railtypes, click and hold the "build railway track" button in the menu.
OutSider03
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OutSider03 »

vrn wrote:I guess the depot wasn't electrified yet? To switch between railtypes, click and hold the "build railway track" button in the menu.
wait what?? You need to electrify the depot ? This is new for me, I already played this game some ages ago but this wasn't on. I think you are right. Thank you man.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Ensure you are building electric tracks and depots, or converting the tracks to the right one.

When in convert mode, you just drag over all tiles to convert. There is no down side to mass converting normal track to electric track (possibly slightly higher upkeep costs?) as any other older trains using steam or diesel will run fine on these tracks. An electric depot will have diesel and steam trains in. Maglev only has maglev and works with maglev, and monorail is the same but with monorail only.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”