? passengercars with 125 pax

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

rumpel
Engineer
Engineer

? passengercars with 125 pax

Post by rumpel »

Hi there!
Long time ago when I played OTT last time. But now it is time to try the newer versions.

But I can remember that the local passenger cars had 125 seats in my older version, in the Lets Play Edition I downloaded it is only 40 seats.

Long time ago I played: OTT r15965M Russian Community Patchpack 2.0.0
Now I downloaded: Jokers Patchpack v.1.24.5

I'm using different NewGrfs and I downloaded the same NewGrfs in the newer Patchpack like
- DB Set XL v0.82
- RE160(c)BeSt - Com 2004
- VT133 Schweineschnäuzchen von Bernhard Stock
- Transrapid Track Set 1.0.0
plus some more Infrastructure PatchPacks (Stations, Harbours and so on)

Does someone have an idea how to increase the number of seats in local passenger waggons, is it a part of settings maybe ?( ?( ?( ?
Thank you :-)
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: ? passengercars with 125 pax

Post by michael blunck »

rumpel wrote: [...] I'm using different NewGrfs and I downloaded the same NewGrfs in the newer Patchpack like
- DB Set XL v0.82
- RE160(c)BeSt - Com 2004
- VT133 Schweineschnäuzchen von Bernhard Stock
In DBXL 0.82 the local passenger cars have 40 seats. Long-distance coaches have a higher capacity of 56 seats (Eilzugwagen) and 63 seats (Schnellzugwagen).

regards
Michael
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

Seat numbers are decided by the train set being used. This can be the base set (OpenGFX for most) or newgrfs. They cannot be changed, unless done by the grf author.
rumpel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rumpel »

Thank you for your answers, but how does it come that the local trains load 125 pax? Where is the function hided in my game? See attached screenshot.
Attachments
tt.PNG
(211.87 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Does the Information tab give any hint what type of wagon those are?
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

rumpel wrote:Thank you for your answers, but how does it come that the local trains load 125 pax? Where is the function hided in my game? See attached screenshot.
There are some cars in the DB Set XL which will change capacity or sprite when coupled with some locomotives such as the ICE.
rumpel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rumpel »

Alberth wrote:Does the Information tab give any hint what type of wagon those are?
These are "Passenger coach (local)" wagons
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

rumpel wrote:
Alberth wrote:Does the Information tab give any hint what type of wagon those are?
Yes. And what capacity is shown for these coaches in the buying menu? The wrong capacity could well be a collision between vehicle sets (i.e. "Re160c Set" by Bernhard).

BTW, your NewStations, MariCo and Newships sets are severely outdated. :cool:

regards
Michael
rumpel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rumpel »

michael blunck wrote:
rumpel wrote:
Yes. And what capacity is shown for these coaches in the buying menu? The wrong capacity could well be a collision between vehicle sets (i.e. "Re160c Set" by Bernhard).

BTW, your NewStations, MariCo and Newships sets are severely outdated. :cool:

regards
Michael
same same, 125 pax in a local and 56 pax in a long distance car
Attachments
TT.PNG
TT.PNG (30.01 KiB) Viewed 4156 times
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

I bet it´s because of that Re160c Set. Try without.

regards
Michael
Last edited by michael blunck on 30 Jun 2018 11:33, edited 1 time in total.
SilverSurferZzZ
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SilverSurferZzZ »

If you, desperately, need a vehicle to carry more than 125 passengers.... Try Cars Cars.

You'll find the CAF Urbos 100; It's the longest tram in the world and can take... More than 500 passengers in one trip!

I'm sorry that it's not a train, which is what you were looking for, but for capacity... 500 passengers is a lot of passengers :)
NewGRFs__
City names/Landscape: Naruto | Planets | Lovers | Halloween | Kaijus
Vehicles: Famous Cars | Super Cars | Racing Cars | Cars Cars | Improved M Cars

SilverSurferZzZ has left the building!
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

SilverSurferZzZ wrote:If you, desperately, need a vehicle to carry more than 125 passengers.... Try Cars Cars.

You'll find the CAF Urbos 100; It's the longest tram in the world and can take... More than 500 passengers in one trip!

I'm sorry that it's not a train, which is what you were looking for, but for capacity... 500 passengers is a lot of passengers :)
You rather can use 2cc TrainsInNML, the Amsterdam CAF 90 can carry 500 passengers and stands in one tile too. You can even attach them infinitely.
SilverSurferZzZ
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SilverSurferZzZ »

The Amsterdam CAF 90, from the 2cc TrainsInNML, has some wrong information...

In the game it's true that it has a capacity for 500 passengers, however, this vehicle in real life "only" has capacity for 246 people.
NewGRFs__
City names/Landscape: Naruto | Planets | Lovers | Halloween | Kaijus
Vehicles: Famous Cars | Super Cars | Racing Cars | Cars Cars | Improved M Cars

SilverSurferZzZ has left the building!
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

SilverSurferZzZ wrote:The Amsterdam CAF 90, from the 2cc TrainsInNML, has some wrong information...

In the game it's true that it has a capacity for 500 passengers, however, this vehicle in real life "only" has capacity for 246 people.
In fact, habitually in Amsterdam it's coupled 2 or 3 times, so there can be 492 or 738 passengers, although for a single unit it does only carry 246 passengers.
rumpel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rumpel »

michael blunck wrote:I bet it´s because of that Re160c Set. Try without.
regards
Michael
I suspected that, but why is the maximum load only 40 in a newer game version?

Edit:
I can only load iron ore in the doubledeck car, and no I cannot change the type of freight here. It seems that the doubledeck is the problem of my problem. Even the other cars doesn't become a doubledeck coach when adding. So it seems that the doubledeckcoach isn't working with never versions?

I know that there are much more newgrfs with higher load, but I liked these one here and hope that I'll get this doubledeck coach running in the newer version.

Screenshot is taken in Jokes Patch Pack v 1.24.5
Attachments
tt.PNG
tt.PNG (88.35 KiB) Viewed 3857 times
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

rumpel wrote: why is the maximum load only 40 in a newer game version?
As already pointed out, the DBXL v0.82 local passenger cars have 40 seats, and long-distance coaches have a higher capacity of 56 seats (Eilzugwagen) and 63 seats (Schnellzugwagen).
rumpel wrote: I can only load iron ore in the doubledeck car, and no I cannot change the type of freight here. It seems that the doubledeck is the problem of my problem. Even the other cars doesn't become a doubledeck coach when adding. So it seems that the doubledeckcoach isn't working with never versions?
In DBXL v0.82, there are no bi-level coaches. Yours is part of that "Re160 Set".

Mixing of train sets is problematic, most of the time.
rumpel wrote: I know that there are much more newgrfs with higher load, but I liked these one here and hope that I'll get this doubledeck coach running in the newer version.
In DBXL v0.9, the capacity scheme has been modified, with higher capacities and shorter loading times for local coaches, and smaller capacities and longer loading times for long-distance coaches. Both effects are compensated by introducing a "comfort level" (built on OTTD´s "cargo aging" feature), being higher for long-distance coaches (IR, IC, ICE, ..) than for local coaches. In addition, DBXL 0.9 includes "Dostos" with a capacity of 150 seats, see here.

For the time being, you could try James Vassie´s "DB double deck coaches" grf instead. It can be downloaded in-game.

regards
Michael
rumpel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rumpel »

michael blunck wrote: In DBXL v0.9, the capacity scheme has been modified, with higher capacities and shorter loading times for local coaches, and smaller capacities and longer loading times for long-distance coaches. Both effects are compensated by introducing a "comfort level" (built on OTTD´s "cargo aging" feature), being higher for long-distance coaches (IR, IC, ICE, ..) than for local coaches. In addition, DBXL 0.9 includes "Dostos" with a capacity of 150 seats, see here.
Thanks for helping, is v0.9 seems intresting, but where to download? Just flew over a part pf the 109 pages but the only thing I found was a dead link http://www.ewetel.net/~michael.blunck/ttd/.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

rumpel wrote: Thanks for helping, is v0.9 seems intresting, but where to download? Just flew over a part pf the 109 pages but the only thing I found was a dead link http://www.ewetel.net/~michael.blunck/ttd/.
My download page is http://www.ttdpatch.de/download.html, but DBXL v0.9 has yet to be released. Download JVassie´s "DB double deck coaches" instead. It hould work OK with 0.82, in contrast to that Re160 grf.

regards
Michael

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”