Road vehicles stuck in drive-in bus stop

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Road vehicles stuck in drive-in bus stop

Post by acs121 »

Hey,

I've been on replacing vehicles now, and i have a lot of vehicles that do no profit and stay in drive-in bus stops forever. I don't know how it happened and when it happened, all i know is that it's a huge problem as they block the drive-in stop.
I'm going to explain this.
AntonioTrans, 6 Mar 2045.png
(400.11 KiB) Not downloaded yet
AntonioTrans, 9 Mar 2045.png
(421.47 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Trying to send it to the depot, changing orders or other things don't work. At all.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Road vehicles stuck in drive-in bus stop

Post by romazoon »

aren t you missing a road connection to that bus stops ? seems like it s missing the pedestrian stripe that would indicate it s connected.

je pense qu'il te manques une connection avec la route, il me semble ne pas voir le passage pieton qui indiquerait que la route est connecté.

But at the same time, it seems a bit too obvious, so i supose it s not this ? maybe put a savegame
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Huh. I fixed that thing and it changed nothing. Although, i can't upload it to the forums directly due to it's enormous size... you may click here then.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

kamnet wrote:Have you changed NewGRFs in the middle of the game?
No. I haven't.
(A little note though : the game is on jgrpp 0.23.0).
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

acs121 wrote: No. I haven't.
:roll:

i was willing to help...but first (and actually only) thing i saw in your savegame is the huge list of mid-game newgrf swapping, removing, adding that were madce since you started that game

I also haven t been able to run the game because it s using some newgrf i can t find, i think the 2cc tram set is the only one i absolutely needed to unpause the game without having a crash, but frankly i won t bother further...your behavior (lying about newgrf changed midgame) setted me off.

I still wish you good luck finding someone else willing to help :| (i really do, no irony...or maybe just little since you said you like that)
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

romazoon wrote:

i was willing to help...but first (and actually only) thing i saw in your savegame is the huge list of mid-game newgrf swapping, removing, adding that were madce since you started that game

I also haven t been able to run the game because it s using some newgrf i can t find, i think the 2cc tram set is the only one i absolutely needed to unpause the game without having a crash, but frankly i won t bother further...your behavior (lying about newgrf changed midgame) setted me off.

I still wish you good luck finding someone else willing to help :| (i really do, no irony...or maybe just little since you said you like that)
I asked this question because this very same issue happened to me a few years ago, ruining one of my most cherished, longest-running games ever (yes, this is my forever epic rant! LOL). This condition can happen when you're updating or swapping out newgrfs mid-game. And there's nothing that can fix it. It will continue to happen to other vehicles as well.

Your game is toast, friend. :(
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

romazoon wrote:

I wasn't clear...the only NewGRFs i removed were at the start of the game, precisely 2 NewGRFs (Dutch Tram Set and US Train Set). In no way they would do anything about road stops though, i really struggle to know what causes this. I didn't update any NewGRFs too.
The fact that you think there was a NewGRF change is because you don't have this grf by maquinista providing a camping industry.
Other than this, you can have the 2cc Tram Set here. If you lack any other NewGRFs, tell me.
Note that by accident i used the TTDPatch for Windows version on NewStations...and because i don't want my game to crash hardly (for example : a track tile becoming a non-track) i didn't change that.

Remember, you had the same problem a month ago, with a tram stuck forever on a bridge...
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

acs121 wrote:I wasn't clear...the only NewGRFs i removed were at the start of the game, precisely 2 NewGRFs (Dutch Tram Set and US Train Set). In no way they would do anything about road stops though, i really struggle to know what causes this. I didn't update any NewGRFs too.
open console, then type "gamelog", that will show you what was changed since begin of game...that s the problem with human memory, it s not very reliable ;)
acs121 wrote:Remember, you had the same problem a month ago, with a tram stuck forever on a bridge..
my tram was stuck on a "custom bridge head" (experimental"ish" feature) which i managed to upgrade while a tram was entering it, and at that time JGR patchpack would remove all "custom bridge head" on a bridge that you upgrade...so my tram got stuck half on a tile with tram track(the one it came from), and the front of tram being on a road bridge with no tram track (cause upgrade)...
And for your info, it wasn t stuck forever, i used my last autosave even before reporting and my problem was fixed already.
So all this to say that I really don t see how that would be even closely related to a bus stuck inside a basic road stop like you are experiencing.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Somewhat, if you hadn't loaded that autosave, the tram would have been stuck forever.
I have changed all those newgrfs on one save...guess i'll get back to when i didn't change anything. That may allow me to build things i couldn't build now because of the city size.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”