Make error

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

xendistar
Engineer
Engineer

Make error

Post by xendistar »

I have just compiled OTTD v1.8.0 from source to Debian testing and during the make process it posted an fault, the fault seems to be a bug it picked up in the OTTD code rather than a compiling issue with Debian. Where can I post this code so that it can be checked so that if it is a bug within the OTTD coding it can be corrected?
kamnet

Re: Make error

Post by kamnet »

You can post it here, although there is no guarantee that an OpenTTD developer will see or respond to it, there are others who may be able to diagnose it.

You can also post a new ticket over on the bug tracker, https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenTTD/issues, where a developer will see it.

I would suggest posting here first to see if somebody can diagnose it as a bug or another issue, and then take the results to the bug tracker for further diagnosis.
xendistar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by xendistar »

Thanks Kamnet

Submitted the information via Github, supplied further information when asked and have now been told I can ignore "warning" but they will look to resolve the issue that caused it!!
xendistar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by xendistar »

I had a further email from the developers today, they have tidy the code up and the latest nightly build builds with out the error according to them (I have not tried).

They have been very efficient is resolving the issue

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”