"Other" Expenses

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Translink
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

"Other" Expenses

Post by Translink »

Expenses.jpg
(814.32 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I have started a game in 1800, and I began to overspend quite a lot of money. I used the cheats to borrow £10mln, but the money just kept going down anyway. I took a look at the balance sheet and found that I am somehow losing over £1mln a year to "Other" expenses. Where on earth is that money going to? Is it to do with using that cheat?
kamnet

Re: "Other" Expenses

Post by kamnet »

It is, effectively, an annual tax on your company's value and all your economic activity that you see in the expenses window. I'm going to take a guess that the reason this is so high is because you have inflation enabled in the game settings, which is known to be pretty much broken if you're using NewGRFs and you're playing outside of TTDs original game range of 1950-2050.
Translink
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Translink »

I had inflation off, but I suppose it must be because of that £10mln I borrowed. Thank you!
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

You haven't been bribing local authorities have you old chap? That comes up under 'other'.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re:

Post by acs121 »

Kevo00 wrote:You haven't been bribing local authorities have you old chap? That comes up under 'other'.

Not only bribing, but also doing good things like funding new buildings, or making a big advertisement campaign.
Translink
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re:

Post by Translink »

Kevo00 wrote:You haven't been bribing local authorities have you old chap? That comes up under 'other'.

Sorry for late reply, but no, I haven't. Anyways, I got it sorted - ships are your best friend if you start the game early

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”