A 'loading the game' problem

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

RVDaddyCannon
Engineer
Engineer

A 'loading the game' problem

Post by RVDaddyCannon »

Hi everyone. When I load openTTD on my smartphone or on my tablet after installing new grf's, the game has an issue with loading a new scenario. Every time when the game loads it's data, like city names and forestiation the game gets to the 'loading industries' part. The loading bar says it needs to load 20000+ points. And it loads slowly. How can I get rid of this problem? I can also awnser in Dutch if anybody prefers.

Greetings John
OpenTTD Is Great!
kamnet

Re: A 'loading the game' problem

Post by kamnet »

OpenTTD is a very CPU-intensive game. While the game has been ported to Android by an independent individual (Pelya), it is not an officially supported branch and has not been optimized for Android. I'm going to guess that your phone and tablet are not powerful enough to load the game any faster. This may be particularly worse if you're using a scenario which was likely developed on a Windows PC and the map is considerably larger and uses more NewGRFs.
RVDaddyCannon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RVDaddyCannon »

kamnet wrote:OpenTTD is a very CPU-intensive game. While the game has been ported to Android by an independent individual (Pelya), it is not an officially supported branch and has not been optimized for Android. I'm going to guess that your phone and tablet are not powerful enough to load the game any faster. This may be particularly worse if you're using a scenario which was likely developed on a Windows PC and the map is considerably larger and uses more NewGRFs.
I fixed this problem. Simply deleted the whole game and all its newGRF'S. Now adding one by one to see which one causes the problem. I added some industry grfs and it still loads fast now, the way it should load. Now I have a problem with saved games.
I created a new map, saved it and then I get this message immediately when I want to load that specific save game.
Screenshot_2018-03-17-08-24-51.png
(707.38 KiB) Not downloaded yet
OpenTTD Is Great!
RVDaddyCannon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RVDaddyCannon »

I also got this message with starting the new game with the industry newGRF'S
Screenshot_2018-03-17-08-22-19.png
(885.43 KiB) Not downloaded yet
OpenTTD Is Great!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

RVDaddyCannon wrote:I also got this message with starting the new game with the industry newGRF'S
Screenshot_2018-03-17-08-22-19.png
Upload copy of your save here and somebody may analyze it.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

The latter is a newgrf message probably stating that it is not happy with the combination of newgrfs that you picked.

In general, industry newgrfs cannot be combined with other industry newgrfs. The exception is ECS, which is split in several newgrfs, so it's compatible with those newgrfs :)

The former looks like a system error of some kind, please ask the author of the android version, it's not an official supported platform
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

the "industry counter is slow" problem is probably a problem with map generation, not with android. your choice of NewGRFs makes it impossible for the map generator to place industries, but it tries over and over again, which can get very slow.

the other problem with lzma error may be because your save file got corrupted somehow (like not enough disk space)

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”