Sound volume problem

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

littlemikey
Engineer
Engineer

Sound volume problem

Post by littlemikey »

Hi guys,

So I've recently gotten back into OTTD after a long break, and I'm having a problem in my current game. I've got the music volume turned as far down as possible before it turns off, and the effects volume at maximum, but for some reason the music is still playing super loudly and I can barely hear the train effects. What can I do to fix this?

I've attached a screenshot of my settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Attachments
OPENTTDSOUND.PNG
Sound settings and game settings.
(384.66 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Sound volume problem

Post by Wolf01 »

OTTD version, OS you are playing on?

I had this problem in the past and I had to move the music cursor a bit to make the music volume to adjust to the right value, now with 1.7.2 it seem to work
littlemikey
Engineer
Engineer

Post by littlemikey »

Wolf01 wrote:OTTD version, OS you are playing on?

I had this problem in the past and I had to move the music cursor a bit to make the music volume to adjust to the right value, now with 1.7.2 it seem to work
I'm running Windows 10 64 bit and OTTD version 1.7.2
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

OTTD's music drivers on Windows aren't very good at volume control right now. Just today I uploaded some patches for the music drivers on the bug tracker, that solve the problems with music volume control on Windows, but it will probably be a while before they've been reviewed and merged into a released version.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

jfs wrote:OTTD's music drivers on Windows aren't very good at volume control right now. Just today I uploaded some patches for the music drivers on the bug tracker, that solve the problems with music volume control on Windows, but it will probably be a while before they've been reviewed and merged into a released version.
Oh hey, long time no see, jfs! I didn't actually connect "nielsmh" with you. Good to see you here again. :)

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”