Problem - Two way track and signaling

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

pshycic
Engineer
Engineer

Problem - Two way track and signaling

Post by pshycic »

Hello.

I use to play Transport Tycoon A LOT and now I found open TTD. This makes me so happy. Thank you!
Now I use to build two track stations and make the trains use only right side traffic. I use exit signals just outside the stations to make sure now trains try to enter station when it is occupied. Now I have viewed all tutorial videos out there right now but it seemes that I can not solve the problem that some times a train sneakes in between the exit signal and the entering signal blocking the way out for the train inside the station.

Please open the save that I have attached and you can see this problem occuring.
I have tried different signaling in a variety of ways and still the same problem. Please help me.
Attachments
Thomson & Co., 27 jul 1950.sav
(421.83 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
pshycic
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Problem - Two way track and signaling

Post by pshycic »

Also attached a picture of the problem.
Attachments
ttd_problem.jpg
(590.35 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

In the case of the save file, the problem is the order.
Train 41 (and a few others on that track) have the next destination of Lund Valley, not Malmö West. Train 41 is basically lost, not able to find the path to its destination. Lost trains behaves strangely. There was nothing wrong with the signals. Open the train order window, and tell it to go to Malmö West, and all should be well.

The picture you posted looks different though. The signals in front of the station look like standard block signals, not exit signals. Convert them to exit signals, and they should work better.
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mak »

To many signals

Remove the entry signals to station. Those between the station and the crossover. leave those controlling the exit from the sation.

Use 'path signals'

The trains entering the station, will not then enter the exit route for the train leaving the station.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”