City rating always atrocious

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

dariand
Engineer
Engineer

City rating always atrocious

Post by dariand »

Whatever bribe, fund, advertise or tree plant I do my city is always rated atrocious. I cant improve transport or build bigger airports because it gets refused . What am i missing. what can I do?
My city has a pop of 25000 and has encroached on a city of similar size (now also atrocious) Is this the problem?
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: City rating always atrocious

Post by Gwyd »

This sounds intriguing. Can I see the save file?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
dariand
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dariand »

Sorry for the delay.

Look to the left of the map for town/city. Pinningpool/Fort Gruningbury/Hutfield/Wenwell. Only Hutfield is outstanding , the rest atrocious and yet the towns have been constructed in similar ways. I seem to have enough transport and cargo so I don't follow what is going wrong
If i do plant trees, eventually after several planting sessions I might just get to poor status. Then left alone they fall back to atrocious
Attachments
Prardworth Transport, Nov 10th, 2181.sav
(635.24 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

If at Fort Gruningbury you have "Atrocious", it's because not even one bus serves the bus stops. Even if there's already a service, this can lower down your reputation highly.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

acs121 wrote:If at Fort Gruningbury you have "Atrocious", it's because not even one bus serves the bus stops. Even if there's already a service, this can lower down your reputation highly.
I haven't looked at the game, but this is totally right. Don't ever build a station and then leave it without traffic, as it's the surest way to get a bad rep with the authorities.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Here it's not just one stop, it's like, 3 or 4 stops left without vehicles.
dariand
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dariand »

OMG. It was staring me in the face and didn't notice.
I had looked at the game mechanics earlier but didn't get the message how unvisited stations score so bad. I still dont see it.
However the fix had immediate results, thanks
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

dariand wrote:OMG. It was staring me in the face and didn't notice.
I had looked at the game mechanics earlier but didn't get the message how unvisited stations score so bad. I still dont see it.
It's there: https://wiki.openttd.org/Game_mechanics ... ity_rating

Each month players' ratings automatically change: [...]
- Rating goes down by 15 for each station that has not transferred cargo in the last 50 days.

So, each month, one unvisited station will lower your rating 15 points. That's 180 points each year, per unvisited station within the circumference of a town. No wonder your company is deemed atrocious in a few years' time :mrgreen:
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

180 points less each year, multiplied by 3 because there was 3 stations, it's almost Atrocious - it's Very Poor, but it's almost same as you can't build any new station.

However, if you gain 180 points or more each year, you will go slower to Outstanding, but your reputation will still go up. ;)
L. Spooner Inc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by L. Spooner Inc »

leifbk wrote: 02 Mar 2018 11:51 I haven't looked at the game, but this is totally right. Don't ever build a station and then leave it without traffic, as it's the surest way to get a bad rep with the authorities.
I just found this thread through a Google search trying to find a solution for a tiny town stuck at "atrocious" no matter how much money I pour into it. Early in the game I put a railway station at the town to sell some goods, then instantly had them stop accepting goods. I set the train to "sell accepted" in the assumption they'd eventually accept goods again. They never did. Now it's 25 years later and I desperately need to build another line, and not even five million in bribes -- half of my entire savings -- will move the needle past "atrocious." It's infuriating. I spent money to bring them goods, then a few days later they reject goods -- and then build up hate so high that it can never, ever be repaired because I didn't "service" the station. Stupid. I'm so annoyed I think I'm just going to abandon that game.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

Use the same station to transport something they accept, like mail or passengers. It's the only way to build up your reputation.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”