[2018] Implicit Orders Bug for Trains ?

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

RLS0812
Engineer
Engineer

[2018] Implicit Orders Bug for Trains ?

Post by RLS0812 »

I have "open loop" train system that has been running for almost 200 in-game years.
All stations are on a branch line, separated from the main loop, & all stations have a bypass line.
I have noticed that almost all my trains have a lot of "implicit orders", despite the face there are clear paths to their destinations without any stations in their way. The worst one had 46 implicit orders tacked on to it's original 2 explicit orders.

The wiki claims that these implicit orders go away, however I have been watching my trains ignoring clear routs, and going to the wrong stations over and over again. :cry:
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [2018] Implicit Orders Bug for Trains ?

Post by Transportman »

RLS0812 wrote:I have "open loop" train system that has been running for almost 200 in-game years.
All stations are on a branch line, separated from the main loop, & all stations have a bypass line.
I have noticed that almost all my trains have a lot of "implicit orders", despite the face there are clear paths to their destinations without any stations in their way. The worst one had 46 implicit orders tacked on to it's original 2 explicit orders.

The wiki claims that these implicit orders go away, however I have been watching my trains ignoring clear routs, and going to the wrong stations over and over again. :cry:
Are you sure those "clear routes" are actually available routes for trains? So if you remove the entry to a station, does the train go around it, or does it get lost?
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

implicit orders may come from trains going to depot, and skipping stations on the way
srschacher
Engineer
Engineer

Post by srschacher »

I'm not sure if this is related, but I had a road vehicle with an implicit order to pass through a town station on its way to the destination station to deliver food.

The problem was that the vehicle delivered its food to the implicit station, and was empty when it got to the destination station. I don't think this is right, at least with my expectation of "implicit."

My solution was to replace the implicit order with a non-stop via order. This prevented the implicit order from being generated, and the vehicle did not drop its load at the interim station.

Steve

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”