Fixing Broken Scenarios

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

muttlol
Engineer
Engineer

Fixing Broken Scenarios

Post by muttlol »

Hi,

there's a few scenarios I'd like to try (e.g. Canada and Switzerland) but I can't because they're depending on missing NewGRFs.

Is there a way of manually fixing the scenarios? If yes, how?

Thanks!
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Fixing Broken Scenarios

Post by piratescooby »

http://rsync.nl.gentoo.org/pub/games/op ... as/newgrf/ , a good source for grfs .I normally fire up the scenario editor and change the grfs ,save then Play .Hope this helps you .
kamnet

Re: Fixing Broken Scenarios

Post by kamnet »

muttlol wrote:Hi,

there's a few scenarios I'd like to try (e.g. Canada and Switzerland) but I can't because they're depending on missing NewGRFs.

Is there a way of manually fixing the scenarios? If yes, how?

Thanks!
Yes and no. Yes, it is possible to edit an existing scenario and add NewGRFs. But anytime you do so there is the likely potential for the scenario to become corrupted in ways that cannot be predicted for foreseen. It might be something you notice immediately, or it might not be perceived until you're deep into your game. It could be something that is just a minor glitch or something that grinds your game to a halt. Or maybe everything remains OK.

It would be better to re-create scenarios properly, generating them with all intended NewGRFs. One can start by exporting a heightmap from a current scenario, if the original map files are not available. It does mean re-creating all the cities, roads, objects and other times by hand, which can be extremely time consuming. Unfortunately there's just not a magic shortcut to correct the issue.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”