Graphics Not Working

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

abejones
Engineer
Engineer

Graphics Not Working

Post by abejones »

Graphics were working fine for me until I played some online games and downloaded content. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall, but the problem persists... anyone know what the problem could be?
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Graphics Not Working

Post by Gwyd »

When you say "not working", what exactly is/isn't happening? Which NewGRFs were added?
abejones
Engineer
Engineer

Post by abejones »

Gwyd wrote:When you say "not working", what exactly is/isn't happening? Which NewGRFs were added?
The bottoms of the map seems to load fine, but anything with levels is appearing as shadows only at most. I have no idea what was added, anything that was needed for the specific server was downloaded at the time... I entered several games.
jules
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by jules »

Try a single player game without any newgrfs. If that is OK, suggests might be an issue with server setup. Contact the server admins/mods as something likely wrong their end with the newgrfs they have. Speak to someone else on that server to see if they also have the issue.
There is no ?
abejones
Engineer
Engineer

Post by abejones »

jules wrote:Try a single player game without any newgrfs. If that is OK, suggests might be an issue with server setup. Contact the server admins/mods as something likely wrong their end with the newgrfs they have. Speak to someone else on that server to see if they also have the issue.
Yes, I tried single player... it still does this. :cry:
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

By shadows you mean like the buildings and trees or the land itself? It might be that you pressed X at some point and thus toggled invisable/transparent buildings/trees. Pressing X again while in game should fix it.

If its the actual land itself thats screwed up then I dunno what would cause that.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
rowdog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rowdog »

My wild guess is that maybe your base set option is messed up or pointing at a corrupt file. Check in "Game Options".

Since Openttd once worked right and you did the uninstall/reinstall dance, the only things that would persist would be your local configuration and downloaded files. You could move or delete the directory containing openttd.cfg. If you have trouble finding the file, see https://wiki.openttd.org/Openttd.cfg
abejones
Engineer
Engineer

Post by abejones »

NekoMaster wrote:By shadows you mean like the buildings and trees or the land itself? It might be that you pressed X at some point and thus toggled invisable/transparent buildings/trees. Pressing X again while in game should fix it.

If its the actual land itself thats screwed up then I dunno what would cause that.
This is it, thanks! :lol:
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

rowdog wrote:My wild guess is that maybe your base set option is messed up or pointing at a corrupt file. Check in "Game Options".

Since Openttd once worked right and you did the uninstall/reinstall dance, the only things that would persist would be your local configuration and downloaded files. You could move or delete the directory containing openttd.cfg. If you have trouble finding the file, see https://wiki.openttd.org/Openttd.cfg
If the base set was missing or corrupt the game wouldn't start at all, OpenTTD doesnt like corrupt files and will not start without some kind of base graphics, sound, and music (even if its "No Sound" and "No Music" sets)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
rowdog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rowdog »

NekoMaster wrote: If the base set was missing or corrupt the game wouldn't start at all, OpenTTD doesnt like corrupt files and will not start without some kind of base graphics, sound, and music (even if its "No Sound" and "No Music" sets)
Unsuprisingly, you were right and I was wrong. My mistake was assuming that we were talking about actual graphics corruption.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”