Cheat window does not open

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

J1ggl
Engineer
Engineer

Cheat window does not open

Post by J1ggl »

So I’d like to open the Cheat window (sry) in OpenTTD on my iMac, but everytime i press the shortcut, the screen just flashes black for a little moment and nothing happens. No cheats. The game just going on. I tried several key combinations, and Ctrl + Alt("Option") + C seems to be the correct one, because it is the only one that actually does something at all. When I switch to Windows the cheats work fine, but there are several other problems which really make me wanna use my Mac for OpenTTD.

Have you ever encountered this (especially Mac players, even though there’s probably few)? Is there any other way to open up the cheat menu? Is there a config line or something?
ST2
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Cheat window does not open

Post by ST2 »

I would give a try on changing the shortcut for the Cheats window; on the hotkeys.cfg file (no idea where it is on Macs), under [maintoolbar], check cheats = CTRL+ALT+C (default value)
Try set it with a different combination. I never tried it, it's only a suggestion :)
skippern
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by skippern »

Do you run in full screen or windowed? That made a difference for me. In full screen I had the same symptom as you, but when running windowed, I could minimize or command-tab to the cheat window (back on Maveric/Yosemite, haven't used it since)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Skippern
OpenTTD Mac user
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Have you tried Cmd + Alt + C ? I think Ctrl and Cmd have the same binary value.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”