Problems panning map with mouse right button

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Problems panning map with mouse right button

Post by NekoMaster »

Heres something that might help, maybe. While I'm not having any issues with Windows 10, I'd like to mention that this is still build 1703 and everything is working fine.

If windows updates/build 1709 or what ever causes any issues for me, I'll probably be posting here. At least my mouse and keyboard does have driver support from Logitech but I dont like the setpoint mouse drivers because they're very inprecise (Eg, trying to draw a circle or a diagonal line without setpoint makes a nice smooth line/circle, where as the setpoint drivers makes for a very jagged aliased look)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Corky
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Corky »

Windows 10 updates are a real pain in the posterior aren't they?! The Fall Creators Update (FCU; insert your own acronym!) completely trashed my hard disk, even converted it to RAW format - no I hadn't heard of it either. Anyway, to cut a very long and tedious story short I had to reinstall everything including Open TTD and I got the will-not-scroll-with-right-mouse-button problem which made it, if not unplayable, certainly unenjoyable. So, by way of experiment, I installed an older version of Open TTD (1.2.2) and it worked just fine. I'm not pointing the finger at Microsoft or the TTD community, I don't know enough about the minutia of these things to make any authoritative observation, but if you want a work-around this might be a way to go.
Hope this is helpful.

Best regards
Corky
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Corky wrote:Windows 10 updates are a real pain in the posterior aren't they?! The Fall Creators Update (FCU; insert your own acronym!) completely trashed my hard disk, even converted it to RAW format - no I hadn't heard of it either. Anyway, to cut a very long and tedious story short I had to reinstall everything including Open TTD and I got the will-not-scroll-with-right-mouse-button problem which made it, if not unplayable, certainly unenjoyable. So, by way of experiment, I installed an older version of Open TTD (1.2.2) and it worked just fine. I'm not pointing the finger at Microsoft or the TTD community, I don't know enough about the minutia of these things to make any authoritative observation, but if you want a work-around this might be a way to go.
Hope this is helpful.

Best regards
Corky
RAW Format is basically a partition (think of the disk like a big house or box and partitions are rooms or smaller boxes in a big box) with no formating other then tellling the computer the size of the partition and where its located. Seems weird that Windows 10 would do that but its possible that while updating the computer crashed, turned off, or a power outage happened (even a power surge that makes the lights flicker can cause comptures and electronics to shut off)

Also, make sure that after you install Windows 10, if your not getting any issues, use the "Run..." thingy or WIN KEY+R and type in "winver" to show a little window with what version of windows your running and what build.
It would seem that build 1709 is the true culprit here as perhaps they changed something up with how the mouse works and thus might cause issues with anything that relies on specifics of how the mouse drivers worked in Windows before WIndows 10 Build 1709. though I haven't heard of anything outside of OpenTTD with Windows 10 build 1709
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Serrais
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Serrais »

To me had the same problem after updating to the new version of windows, i read this topic, and there was no hope, but when i went to oppenttd page i saw a new testing vervion 1.72.1 rc1, with this version the game is working perfectly.
ST2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ST2 »

Serrais wrote:To me had the same problem after updating to the new version of windows, i read this topic, and there was no hope, but when i went to oppenttd page i saw a new testing vervion 1.72.1 rc1, with this version the game is working perfectly.
Well, if you only play single player, the RC will fit well since it's the future. But if you miss the 1.7.1 online servers, there's hope here (compatible with Vanilla OpenTTD)

JGR's patch pack used the fix too.

In case you need reddit client with the fix, someone made it.

Hope it helps and enjoy the games :)
RedEclipse
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RedEclipse »

Had same problem with Falls Creators Update, but 1.7.2-RC1 version fixed this issue. :bow:
CharlyHRO
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by CharlyHRO »

RedEclipse wrote:... 1.7.2-RC1 ... fixed this issue. ...
Same here, with 1.7.2-RC1 RMB scrolling works like a charm.
moe moe pipebomb
Max64
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Max64 »

Hello Community. :bow:

I have the same problem with the game. (15.12.2017)
Yesterday I had my joy in the game until 21:00. A Windows update has overrun my PC. Since 22:30 my computer was ready for use again and since then this function is disturbed.
So I can confirm that it's all up to Windows Update. :roll:

big thanks to ST2 :idea:
georgehfc
Engineer
Engineer

Post by georgehfc »

Hi Guys, First post :D. I had the same issue, I enabled game mode for Ottd by pressing Win+G and restarted and it kinda worked. Still a bit iffy but 100x better than before. May work for you's.
CheesePlant
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CheesePlant »

Phew, 1.7.2-RC1 worked for me too. Thanks for fixing! :bow:
The cruelest dream is reality.
Andrew350
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Andrew350 »

Sooo, is anyone out there encountering this issue still? I've experienced this same issue for a while now just like everyone else, but with two key differences:

1) I'm running Windows 8.1

2) As of updating to OpenTTD 1.8.0 today, now ALL versions of OpenTTD are exhibiting even worse behavior.

================

Up until today, I've been running OpenTTD 1.7.0 with the same RMB scrolling issues as described by everyone else. I've gotten along with it though since I haven't played much, but today I finally updated to 1.8.0, and it's actually gotten worse. I was initially relieved to see that other people had experienced RMB scrolling issues and that new versions of OTTD fixed it, but apparently whatever was changed wasn't my problem. Now instead of just hanging up or being jittery when trying to scroll, the screen is immediately moved to the farthest corner of the map, even with the slightest movement. What's even weirder is that now ALL of my versions of OpenTTD (back to 1.0) are showing this same behavior, whereas they didn't have any issues before the update.

I've tried two different mice, adjusted all the mice-related settings in Windows, and the Windows update history doesn't show any updates since about a month ago. Things were "fine" until today, but somehow updating to OTTD 1.8.0 changed something that affected even the older versions (which are running from the same shared directory). If I roll back the main install directory to OTTD 1.7.0 the 'new' problem disappears and goes back to the original RMB scrolling issue.

================

Seems like the game is still missing something to fully fix the issue at least for me, but maybe there's something I missed. Any ideas?

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”