The problem of waterway bridge

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

DeletedUser10
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

The problem of waterway bridge

Post by DeletedUser10 »

I apologize for my illegal posts like double posting and post that lesser than 3 word, or replying to the spam post :bow: .

These days I'm having a problem with waterway bridges (I don't know the correct name of it). The problem is that I create a scenario with a loooooooooooooong waterway bridge that longer than default 12 blocks and place 2 docks on the 2 side.
Then I build a cargo ship to carry goods or something else between the 2 docks. I also placed 2 buoys on the each side of the bridge. But when I'm going to give the order to the cargo ship, when I clicked the buoy on the opposite side of the bridge, there is a error message saying "Too far from previous destination" and I couldn't let the ship pass there anyway.
I know that the error is caused by the ship pathfinder, but the waterway bridge has just 1 route to pass, so I thought that the ship pathfinder won't confuse...
Does anyone have the same problem? And how to resolve this?
And what is the correct name of the waterway bridge?
Sent from my Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Re: The problem of waterway bridge

Post by Pilot »

ir1n1o57 wrote:And what is the correct name of the waterway bridge?
Aquaduct
ir1n1o57 wrote:And how to resolve this?
Raise land in the middle (or potentially various points), have the Aquaduct go back on land at these points for say, 3 tiles, place canal tiles between 2 Aquaducts, and plonk Buoy in the middle, then you can select these Buoys in the order list, and you won't have too far to go anymore.

Why you need such a long Aquaduct is beyond me though!
DeletedUser10
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DeletedUser10 »

I need such a long aquaduct because I put toooooooooooo many tracks and roads in the place I wanted to build canal.
Is there any better pathfinder for the ships?
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

ir1n1o57 wrote:I need such a long aquaduct because I put toooooooooooo many tracks and roads in the place I wanted to build canal.
Is there any better pathfinder for the ships?
Sadly not, you'll have to build bouys as waypoints to guide ships along the way. The Original pathfinder doesnt require that but tends to get lost or stuck in stupid places like a fly stuck in a room with an open window.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
DeletedUser10
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DeletedUser10 »

Sadly not, you'll have to build bouys as waypoints to guide ships along the way. The Original pathfinder doesnt require that but tends to get lost or stuck in stupid places like a fly stuck in a room with an open window.
Ships can't turn around inside the aqueduct, so it seems like a fly got stuck in a vacuum cleaner...

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”