Always kicking from server while loading map. Appearantly, im using 64 kbit/s. connection.

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

ZoDX32
Engineer
Engineer

Always kicking from server while loading map. Appearantly, im using 64 kbit/s. connection.

Post by ZoDX32 »

Hello. Pls, help, its little unfair((
Those any servers kicking me while im loading map data. Even cant load 150/250 kb for example, and its kicking with message "Network game lost"... I know im using slow connection, i wanna know, its rly impossible to play with this speed? Here screenshots:
Attachments
bandicam 2017-08-01 21-53-31-244.jpg (630.75 KiB) Viewed 353 times
bandicam 2017-08-01 21-53-06-149.jpg (580.73 KiB) Viewed 353 times
DeletedUser10
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Always kicking from server while loading map. Appearantly, im using 64 kbit/s. connection.

Post by DeletedUser10 »

Maybe, that's impossible.
I know you have a slow router, but unfortunately that is the problem.
Sent from my Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
ZoDX32
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Always kicking from server while loading map. Appearantly, im using 64 kbit/s. connection.

Post by ZoDX32 »

I cant believe it... the game is old, i can even play world of tanks (2017) with this connection...
what a nonsense
lcd_47
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lcd_47 »

In order to connect to BTPro servers you'll need the BTPro client.
ST2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ST2 »

Sometimes it depends the way connection is made by your ISP and the computers it needs to pass until reaches destination. You can see it using tracert command. BTPro servers are located (now) in 2 countries: Canada (server02.btpro.nl) and France (server03.btpro.nl). I see by the screenshot that you try server #12, which tries to connect you to a game hosted on a machine in France. So, try in console tracert server03.btpro.nl
Meanwhile you can try to connect BTPro server #3 (small map and located in Canada), just to see how it goes ^^

BTPro client is not mandatory but sure adds some fancy things.

Hope it helps and enjoy the games :)
Deactivated
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Deactivated »

ST2 wrote: BTPro client is not mandatory but sure adds some fancy things.
It's an essential for me; I've become too used to it :D

But in all seriousness, that is something that is inevitable. The server owners can decide on the maximum amount of time someone can take to download the map and join the server, and the maximum amount of time which a client can lag behind the server. Hence from that I can deduce 2 possible causes:
1) Your router is too slow to download the map. The 250kb map, though, with your 60kbps connection, will take around 5 seconds to download IF you get a constant perfect connection speed with the server. And that in itself is already much faster than the average server's time allowance. However, it definitely isn't the server's fault as many other people can join it.
2) Your computer/CPU is too slow. This rarely or never happens on BTPro afaik (because of their vehicle limits and the time constraint of each game). But on other servers where people have like 1000 trains, it is possible that your PC takes too long to process everything that the server just dumps it. Hence your PC lags out and it falls behind the server by too significant an amount, and gets kicked. And it's does happen to me sometimes even when loading a random server during server download.

Hope you can find a solution and get playing :)
CharlyHRO
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by CharlyHRO »

Deactivated wrote:... The 250kb map, though, with your 60kbps connection, will take around 5 seconds to download ...
Sorry to disappoint you, but size of the map is 250 kiloBYTES while connection speed is in kiloBITS. Multiply 5 seconds by 8 and you get a more reasonable 40 seconds.
moe moe pipebomb

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”