Station Join

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Peter Chanmyae
Engineer
Engineer

Station Join

Post by Peter Chanmyae »

Hi there,

I used first time station join function. As usual, it seems problem there.

check the picture.

Circles are sub stations and joined to box station in the middle. Blue lines are bus route. But buses are not going proper route and going around the box station. What is wrong with this route. Or how do I use join station properly.

http://imgur.com/a/tAX2t
cmhbob
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Station Join

Post by cmhbob »

Without seeing the actual savegame file, I can't be sure, but here's my guess.

When you join stations, they all become the same station. So if the box station is now joined to the circle stations, you now have 1 station, not 8 individual ones. So a bus can stop at any of the circle stations.
--
Bob
The wrinkles only go where the smiles have been...
Me, elsewhere
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

When you join a station use ctrl-click the two you joined are treated as one. If you are wanting a route, you need to keep all the stations seperate and then route the bus through each one individually.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Peter Chanmyae
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Peter Chanmyae »

Oh! my dear.

Then if they all become as 1 station, so it is like expanding catchment area? Or just station?

By the way, there is no storage building as in TG. How do I transfer goods without waiting another transport vehicles at a station?

Another thing is that how do I set train's car to unload 4 car in this station and unload 5 car in next station like that. For example, a train has 20 cars and there are 4 stations on the route. How do I set to unload 5 car in each station. Is there a problem with over unload goods to a city?

Thank you guys.
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mak »

Peter

Go here: https://www.openttd.org/en/ on left there is a link (right hand side) to the Wiki for OTTD may I respectfully suggest you try there first for all your 'problems' when you have exhausted that avenue of enquiry and still possibly confused come back and ask.

ps. do not try to run until you can walk. :wink:
Peter Chanmyae
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Peter Chanmyae »

Hey Mak,

Thanks for the page.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

You cannot transfer goods magically, you'll need to set some vehicles to take it where you want, use transfer orders and then it won't take back anything and leave the station empty handed at the other side.
Control click connecting does as you inferred, it basically expands the catchment area of the original.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Peter Chanmyae wrote:By the way, there is no storage building as in TG. How do I transfer goods without waiting another transport vehicles at a station?
The magic word here is "feeders", there are several pages about them at the wiki.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Peter Chanmyae
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Peter Chanmyae »

Thanks Guys.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”