NewGRF choice

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Peter Chanmyae
Engineer
Engineer

NewGRF choice

Post by Peter Chanmyae »

Hello again,

I just found NewGRF function and I tried some. I just put FIRS Industry Replacement Set v3 and Original vehicles cargo set and some more.(but I enabled only that two on testing) The problem is cargo are not loading. I try with every rail cars to load iron ore from iron ore mine. But it doesn't work. Do I need something?

another thing is that there is so few industry lines and vehicle types in stable version of OTTD. Why don't your guys put those NewGRF's industry lines, cargo types and vehicles into stable version? This will be really helpful for newbie as me.

Thanks.
kamnet

Re: NewGRF choice

Post by kamnet »

Peter Chanmyae wrote:I just found NewGRF function and I tried some. I just put FIRS Industry Replacement Set v3 and Original vehicles cargo set and some more.(but I enabled only that two on testing) The problem is cargo are not loading. I try with every rail cars to load iron ore from iron ore mine. But it doesn't work. Do I need something?

Original Vehicles doesn't have support for FIRS cargoes. Download OpenGFX+ Trains, which automatically has support for all NewGRF cargoes.

Peter Chanmyae wrote:another thing is that there is so few industry lines and vehicle types in stable version of OTTD. Why don't your guys put those NewGRF's industry lines, cargo types and vehicles into stable version? This will be really helpful for newbie as me.
OpenTTD was created to be a faithful clone of Transport Tycoon Deluxe. Since TTD did not have any of those NewGRF industries, neither will OpenTTD. But the reason that we have the NewGRF framework available is so that anybody can create a set of new industries to complement or replace the default industries. That way, those who want more complexity or variety can have it, while OpenTTD retains complete backwards compatibility with TTD save games.
Peter Chanmyae
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Peter Chanmyae »

Thank you dude. But there is still problem with fish cargo in Ship. Ship do not load Fish from fish breeding.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Peter Chanmyae wrote:Thank you dude. But there is still problem with fish cargo in Ship. Ship do not load Fish from fish breeding.
You'll need a NewGRF ship set as well. I suggest SQUID Ate FISH (aka FISH 2). It's created by the same person who created the FIRS industry set.

As a general rule, any time you use a NewGRF industry set you're going to also need to replace the default OpenTTD transports with a NewGRF set as well. Most NewGRF vehicle sets that have been published in the last few years (say, last five years) will usually have support for all cargo types. If you need help finding vehicles, consult the [https://wiki.openttd.org/NewGRF_List]NewGRF List[/url] wiki which links to the various sets and usually has information about the sets, what they support, etc.
Peter Chanmyae
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Peter Chanmyae »

Thanks again.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”