Another Signal Problem

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Peter Chanmyae
Engineer
Engineer

Another Signal Problem

Post by Peter Chanmyae »

Hi everyone,

I'm newbie in OpenTTD but I played TG for over a decade. I didn't play OpenTTD because low graphic and I never tested. Now I got so many unsatisfied functions from TG and I tried OpenTTD.

One thing I like in TTD is that train are automatically pulling into free platform in a station. Which is really good. In TG I have to align all the trains into specific platforms that lead to have so many platforms in a station. I was consider that situation as a traffic management but I realize this is non-sense. Trains has to be pull into a free platform. When I play a game, I played seriously. In that case there is so many routes, trains and more importantly rail junction. In TG, If you play without signalling mode, Trains run through each other and slowing down their speed. If you play with signalling mode, train stop at the nearest signal of a junction if another train is passing through that junction even the path is clear. Now I know that can be manage in TTD. But somehow I stuck again in there. Please check the image and tell me how do I manage those section of tracks.

Thanks in advance.

(I just know to use waypoint in TTD. But there is still problem.)

http://imgur.com/a/dyM8F

Peter Chanmyae
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Another Signal Problem

Post by Peter Chanmyae »

By the way, situation from above is just for 1 (2 tracks) entrance for a station. How do I do for multiple entrances into a station.

http://imgur.com/a/80jL1
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Always place a signal at a place where you want trains to stop. Do not place them where a train can block an intersection.

In your first image, change the two-way signals to one-way signals, and have the lights face inward towards the stations. This will allow trains to enter the station freely, but not leave until there is a clear path. If you want trains to wait before they enter a station, then place a one-way signal at some point before your station, ahead of any intersections.
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mak »

Capture.JPG
(234.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Maybe a picture, example would help.

All signals are two way 'Path' signals (can be passed from both directions) except those controlling the inbound lines they are one way 'Path' signals (trains can only pass in one direction).

Trains can enter any platform but can only leave by outbound line.
Peter Chanmyae
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Peter Chanmyae »

Thanks guys.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”