Messed up

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

SugarySnax
Engineer
Engineer

Messed up

Post by SugarySnax »

I set up a long coal train with 3 pick up stations and one drop off station. Default is non stop. I put in a few train depots to keep the trains running well and set the trains to stop and pick up whatever coal was at each station so that hopefully, when they pulled into the power station they'd be full of coal. It seemed to be working for awhile but maybe it was just the first trains arriving at the depot. I was adding a couple of stations to the power station station and suddenly I noticed trains were not stopping to pick up coal and trains with coal were not stopping at the power station to drop it off. They were all on shared orders and they were all set to go to one train depot. I fiddled around for awhile, probably making things worse and then I finally noticed the depot they were all going to had no track leading in because I put it too close to a signal. (I put down the signals first and then put in the depots).

I put in the missing pieces of track leading into and out of the depot and I hope that takes care of things but the track is very long and so far things have not been corrected. Lots of trains just driving endlessly and not stopping even though they have orders.

Maybe the biggest mistake I made was ignoring the warning that a train was lost. That should have tipped me off that track was missing, but at the time I thought it was just one train and I must have messed something up by adding that station to the final station while things were running. I thought it would resolve itself.
DeletedUser10
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Messed up

Post by DeletedUser10 »

First, it seems you are violating the forum rule about title. You should use more understanding title like
"Problems about train orders"
Second,you should post a screenshot or sav file to make the issue more clearly.

Maybe the first train's order is wrong,so it cause whole network went wrong.
Sent from my Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

@ OP : You were trying to pull off percentage loading. In theory, you could do so, if the supply of coal was steady and stopping time was regulated (such that only a certain amount was loaded).

If it's anything, it'd be helpful if you could post either a screenshot, a savegame, or both. I'm thinking something wasn't quite right in the overall network design.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
DeletedUser10
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by DeletedUser10 »

You said the long coal train?
Maybe your train is tooooooooooo long, so just first train picked up coal and another one stopped and leave empty.
Sent from my Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”