Translation problem

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

MarkyParky
Engineer
Engineer

Translation problem

Post by MarkyParky »

I am making Czech translation of OpenTTD. I downloaded latest english.txt, modified it and when i try to make a .lng file I get following errors:

2267: ERROR: Undefined command 'INT32' in 'lang/czech.lng'
2267: ERROR: Undefined command 'CURRCOMPACT' in 'lang/czech.lng'

Interesting is, that my txt file has just 2266 lines :-O
I use strgen.exe provdided with version 0.3.1 . If it is the cause of problem because it is obsolete, please let me know where to download a newer version, I didn't find it on the sourceforge nor on openttd.net ( but may be I was just looking wring ).

Thnx...
ChrisCF
Transport Empire Developer
Transport Empire Developer

Post by ChrisCF »

TBH, I'm surprised you can even get anything which makes sense. If I were you, I'd probably wait until the whole string replacement mechanism is fixed. ATM it's got lots of horrible English syntax hard-coded into the string layout, which causes some strings in some languages to make no sense whatsoever.
dominik81
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by dominik81 »

Did you take a look at the translation guidelines yet? I think most stuff is explained there. The important thing is: If you are running OpenTTD 0.3.1 then you should use english.txt from that version to base your translation on. Otherwise you can't test it. The english.txt from the SVN only works with the SVN version.
MarkyParky
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MarkyParky »

Thanx, that is what I needed to hear....

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”