Transfer problem

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

13hubert
Engineer
Engineer

Transfer problem

Post by 13hubert »

Hello everyone.
First of all, sorry to use an automatic translator but, like all French, I am really bad in foreign languages! ;-)
Please note first that I searched the forum but I could not find the answer to my question.
My problem is this:
I will take for example 2 Banks of which I seek to exchange Objects of value.
Bank A is close to the airport of city A.
Bank B is away from the airport in town B.
I use an intermediate station C for transfer.
My plane loads the objects from bank A from airport A, then goes to airport C. There it transfers objects A.
A truck loads objects A from airport C and then goes to bank B.
There it unloads and then loads the B objects to transfer them to C ... And so on.
Unfortunately, when it arrives in C, it transfers the objects B and then immediately resumes them to the bank B ... And the snake bit his tail!
How can I please force my truck when it is in station C, transfer the objects from bank B and load only those from bank A which are waiting to forward them to bank B?
Same for my airplane that walks my valuables A from A to C, then A etc ... without ever unloading ...
I hope I made myself understood.
Thank you so much for your help as I am going crazy! :-D
Vivement la Thaïlande !!
san-ho-zay
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Transfer problem

Post by san-ho-zay »

What setting do you have for "Environment - Distribution mode for the ARMOURED cargo class"?

If you use "manual", I do not think your route will work.

If you use "symmetric" or "asymmetric", it should work, and your orders should be very simple:

Plane: go to A, go to C
Truck: go to C, go to B

The station window will show where the valuables are going to.

https://wiki.openttd.org/Distribution_d ... gaisons/Fr
san-ho-zay
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Transfer problem

Post by Pyoro »

The easy way is to turn on Cargo Distribution. That way, cargo automatically goes where it needs to go, and you don't need to worry about transfer orders and such.

The more difficult way is to split your airports into outgoing and incoming ones. You could for example do it like this:
Route 1: Bank A (load and unload) --> Airport A OUT (transfer, don't load) -> Airport A IN (load) -> back to Bank A
Route 2: Bank B (load and unload) --> Airport B OUT (transfer, don't load) -> Airport A IN (load) -> back to Bank B
Route 3: Airport A IN (transfer, don't load) -> Airport A OUT (load) -> Airport B IN (transfer, don't load) -> Airport B OUT (load) -> back to airport A IN

Or in your case, you'd need two Airport Cs, one for cargo going in one direction, and one for cargo going into the opposite direction.

I hope I got that right.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”