Road depots and stations greyed out 1930 custom map no mods

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Vistravi
Engineer
Engineer

Road depots and stations greyed out 1930 custom map no mods

Post by Vistravi »

Firstly I've just gotten back into TTD thanks to the great work on the Open version. Love it so far.

Now for the first problem I've found, not sure if anyone else has found this.

Figure I would start as I did with the vanilla game years ago by creating a scenario from scratch using the editor. That went fine. Started in 1925 built my first railways and all was good. Trouble is it's now 1931 and my road vehicles, stations and depots are still unavailable.

Tried a test game (randomized) set to start 1950 and depots are all present and accounted for. The bus (name escapes me now) is as I expected designed 1929.......

So next thing for me to do is re-load my scenario in the editor and change the date and see. New ships and planes were invented and became available OK, it only seemed to affect road transport. Even if my scenario (with altered date) works I'm still wary of continuing in case other things don't appear later when they should.

Has anyone ever had this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Sylf
President
President

Re: Road depots and stations greyed out 1930 custom map no mods

Post by Sylf »

Vehicle introduction date is randomized up to 2 years, plus or minus. Is some games, some vehicles are introduced much earlier, and some others much later.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Standard game start year of OpenTTD is 1950, although some vehicles are a bit earlier, see the lists of vehicles at the wiki, they have all the details.
Added to that is the randomization of the precise intro-date, as Sylf said.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Vistravi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vistravi »

Thanks for the replies everyone. The 2 year + was helpful info. I have made a few tweaks to the scenario anyway and have decided to restart it. I'll see what happens this time when I get to 1932.

A few have been talking about mods for early vehicles. I might go look up some of them too for a bit of something different.

Just one more thing in case any of you know this. In locomotion there is a way to stop industries closing mid-game. I didn't find this in OTTD when checking the settings the first time. Is it there somewhere?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Vistravi wrote:Thanks for the replies everyone. The 2 year + was helpful info. I have made a few tweaks to the scenario anyway and have decided to restart it. I'll see what happens this time when I get to 1932.

A few have been talking about mods for early vehicles. I might go look up some of them too for a bit of something different.

Just one more thing in case any of you know this. In locomotion there is a way to stop industries closing mid-game. I didn't find this in OTTD when checking the settings the first time. Is it there somewhere?
Not for the default industries, but most NewGRF industry/economy sets will include it. Manual Industries duplicates the default OpenTTD industries and allows you to alter opening and closing. There are other sets that are also very popular.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”