cannot make server

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

ecolortest
Engineer
Engineer

cannot make server

Post by ecolortest »

cannot make server

help i cant make server:

dbg: [net] [udp] advertising to the master server is failing
dbg: [net] [udp] we are not receiving the acknowledgement from the server
dbg: [net] [udp] this usually means that the master server cannot reach us
dbg: [net] [udp] please allow udp and tcp packets to port 3979 to be delivered
dbg: [net] [udp] please allow udp and tcp packets from port 3979 to be delivered

im is adversted server, im has forwardig 3978 and 3979, firewall is dissable, no antivirus installed
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: cannot make server

Post by NekoMaster »

Make sure you have those ports "Port fowarded" in your router/modem-router as well as your fire wall.

In Windows Fire wall you'll have to Set up a seperate rule for each connection type for each port on the inbound and outbound.

The same will have to be done on your router.

I would konw as I've had to basically make 4 inbound rules and 4 outbound rules (two for each port) then I had to do it all on my router in the port forwarding section of its settings.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
ecolortest
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ecolortest »

but im has routing
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

ecolortest wrote:but im has routing
If its telling you that advertising to the master server failed and asking you to allow udp and tcp packets on those ports, that means those ports havent been opened properly.

You may want to go back to your settings and make sure that BOTH UDP and TCP for ports 3979 and 3978 are open and allowing inbound and outbound traffic.

Also its not really a good idea to disable the firewall with no antivirus as just about anybody can get in your computer and compromise your sercurity, in this day and age some things can even spread by themselves just by snooping around for open unprotected connections to infect and/or spy on.
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
ecolortest
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ecolortest »

NekoMaster wrote:
If its telling you that advertising to the master server failed and asking you to allow udp and tcp packets on those ports, that means those ports havent been opened properly.

You may want to go back to your settings and make sure that BOTH UDP and TCP for ports 3979 and 3978 are open and allowing inbound and outbound traffic.

Also its not really a good idea to disable the firewall with no antivirus as just about anybody can get in your computer and compromise your sercurity, in this day and age some things can even spread by themselves just by snooping around for open unprotected connections to infect and/or spy on.
im is mac so safety
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

ecolortest wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:

im is mac so safety
Its still possible to get infected these days but I guess you should be fine unless you go around installing random crap off the internet from shady places.

Anyways, as i mentioned, if you keep getting those errors, that means you haven't opened the ports properly. It might be that you forgot to save your changes, or that you tried to open the ports from the wrong places in your router settings.

For most routers today you should be able to find a tutorial/help on port forwarding on your specific router or modem-router though some obscure or cheap brands may not have any help on the internet.

Also theres the possibility that the firewall on MAC might still be an issue even if its turned off. If your sure that you've port forwarded your router, then try turning the firewall back on and add those ports to inbound and outbound rules. Being a mac I dont know how that's done but I can't imagine its too hard to do (plus theres probably tutorials on the internet and youtube for stuff like that)

EDIT : If possible, perhaps try providing a screen shot of your routers port forwarding settings from the browser page.
If you don't know how to make a screen shot, heres a page on that https://www.itg.ias.edu/content/keyboar ... t-mac-os-x
Generally Command-Shift-F3 will make a screen shot of the entire desktop/screen and save a PNG image to the desktop.
ecolortest
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ecolortest »

NekoMaster wrote:
ecolortest wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:

im is mac so safety
Its still possible to get infected these days but I guess you should be fine unless you go around installing random crap off the internet from shady places.

Anyways, as i mentioned, if you keep getting those errors, that means you haven't opened the ports properly. It might be that you forgot to save your changes, or that you tried to open the ports from the wrong places in your router settings.

For most routers today you should be able to find a tutorial/help on port forwarding on your specific router or modem-router though some obscure or cheap brands may not have any help on the internet.

Also theres the possibility that the firewall on MAC might still be an issue even if its turned off. If your sure that you've port forwarded your router, then try turning the firewall back on and add those ports to inbound and outbound rules. Being a mac I dont know how that's done but I can't imagine its too hard to do (plus theres probably tutorials on the internet and youtube for stuff like that)

EDIT : If possible, perhaps try providing a screen shot of your routers port forwarding settings from the browser page.
If you don't know how to make a screen shot, heres a page on that https://www.itg.ias.edu/content/keyboar ... t-mac-os-x
Generally Command-Shift-F3 will make a screen shot of the entire desktop/screen and save a PNG image to the desktop.
ok

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”