All my passenger disappeared!

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Stigah
Engineer
Engineer

All my passenger disappeared!

Post by Stigah »

Good evening!

I stopped playing on my old save, since all my passenger disappeared and my companies went bankrupt.
I have huge cities with heavy train traffic, but with only a few passengers.
It all happened within hours of playing. It actually happened after I went home for the christmas holiday, and moved my save game from this computer to another computer, possibly with other settings. (I had played a couple of hours on the new computer when companies started to go bankrupt).

It might be a bug in the game, or something wrong with my settings. I have no idea why every passenger would leave the stations.
My biggest station currently hold 7 passengers and 6 bags of mail.

Here you have all my companies. I controll all of them (None AI).
As you can see, it all happened very quickly.

As I said. This happened after playing on another computer. Could this be the reason?
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: All my passenger disappeared!

Post by Leanden »

Judging by the houses visible in the bottom of your screenshot it would appear that youve either changed a houses newgrf or loaded a game with a later version of an existing houses newgrf which isnt compatible with the earlier version.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

One more question. Jusging by your recent post history, are you playing with JGR Patch pack?
Stigah
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Stigah »

Leanden wrote:One more question. Jusging by your recent post history, are you playing with JGR Patch pack?
Yes, that's correct. Forgot to mention that in the post, sorry.
Leanden wrote:Judging by the houses visible in the bottom of your screenshot it would appear that youve either changed a houses newgrf or loaded a game with a later version of an existing houses newgrf which isnt compatible with the earlier version.
How do you know that?
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

OpenTTD has a built in failsafe, so that if a newgrf is changed such that a house that was previously referenced no longer exists, it will substitute this for another building.

The way that this manifests in the game usually is that all urban buildings will be replaced with a single type of building while all rural buildings will be replaced with a single other type. (This can vary depending on which houses are available in each of the 5 zones)

I can see from your screenshot that all the houses are graphical variations of the same type of house which lead me to think this would be the case.

You should also bear in mind that if there is a mismatch in the versions of the patchpack used between the two computers the combinationof these can have some interesting effects, in thos case it seems most of the houses are not producing pssengers.

Unfortunately there is no fix for this, it is a risk you take by not playing trunk and from changing newgrfs midgane.
Stigah
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Stigah »

Thanks for the answer!

I have added some NewGRFs midgame, but none that have affected housings. Oh well.
Lucikly I have plenty of backups. I loaded another save (from 1942) where I found another bug. Everything was fine, plentifull of passengers at the stations, and all trains have income.

I remember I built a tunnel, which is no longer there, since this is an older save. I wanted to build it once more, and I got this message:

I have never seen such a high price for a tunnel before. Do you know what may have caused this, and is it the same problem that's causing my passengers to disappear?

Btw: This is how my city looks like:
[+] Spoiler
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

You have definitely meddled with housing in your NewGRFs. On a similar note, you probably have either inflation on (and its a really long tunnel at that), or you have another GRF which plays with base costs.

The quick solution is to never. ever. add GRFs midgame. Launch a new game.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
brtom
Engineer
Engineer

Post by brtom »

Stigah wrote:Thanks for the answer!

I have added some NewGRFs midgame, but none that have affected housings. Oh well.
Lucikly I have plenty of backups. I loaded another save (from 1942) where I found another bug. Everything was fine, plentifull of passengers at the stations, and all trains have income.

I remember I built a tunnel, which is no longer there, since this is an older save. I wanted to build it once more, and I got this message:

I have never seen such a high price for a tunnel before. Do you know what may have caused this, and is it the same problem that's causing my passengers to disappear?

Btw: This is how my city looks like:
[+] Spoiler
The tunnel cost is a bug with JGRPP which was posted yesterday in its thread. Somebody's put a fix up but there's no 'official' jgr release with the fix yet.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”