Change Climate of a saved scenario?

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Barko26
Engineer
Engineer

Change Climate of a saved scenario?

Post by Barko26 »

Hi folks,

Not played openTTD in a while so thought about going back to it after having a strong urge. I downloaded a heightmap of my home country of Scotland and set about trying to make it as realistic as possible. One thing i didn't notice was that I opened the scenario editor when the Sub Tropical landscape was highlighted. I've done a ton of work and almost ready to get playing! I got to adding the industries, that's when I realized my mistake. Is there a way I can change the climate to Temperate instead of Sub Tropical. The sight of Palm trees everywhere sort of takes away from the realism :/ Apologies if this sort of thing has been covered before but after a quick search I couldn't find the answer. Thanks.
Brumi
President
President

Re: Change Climate of a saved scenario?

Post by Brumi »

Changing the climate in a running game was available as a cheat until OpenTTD 1.1, but it's been removed since it just breaks the game. See: http://wiki.openttd.org/Cheats. And as you're probably creating a realistic scenario and put a lot of work into it, I don't think that you actually want to break it ;)

So I think your best option is to export the current state as a heightmap (if you have made changes to the landscape), and then start over...

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”