Cargo loading extremely slow, or completely stopped

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

lekkimsm2500
Engineer
Engineer

Cargo loading extremely slow, or completely stopped

Post by lekkimsm2500 »

First of all, i play this game very on-off, sometimes with months in between. Bear with me if there's something that might seemingly be obvious to the well seasoned TTD-player, that i have either forgotten, or might not know about.

So, here's the deal. I've set up a simple route, trains with reefer cars, to pick up food from a factory. But, i started to notice how some trains started going in the red, because they never really went anywhere, just waiting for either nothing, or for incredibly slowly to pick up the cargo they were assigned to collect, despite the copious amounts that's actually on the station.

It's worth mentioning that the cars and train are all purposed for food, of course.

I'm suspecting one of three things
1 - A NewGRF to be the culprit. (either settings/parameters i made, or incompatibility with another)
2 - General game settings - i might accidentally have hit some setting i shouldn't have.
3 - I might have given the wrong orders, non-stop, full load, full any cargo, etc etc. I'm not entirely sure.

List of NewGRF:
OpenGFX + Airports 0.4.2
OpenGFX + Trains 0.3.0
OpenGFX + Industries 0.3.5
Generic Tram Set v0.4
North American Railway Set (NARS) 2.51
Squid Ate FISH r1687

IS something really screwy, or have i missed something absolutely minute?
Sylf
President
President

Re: Cargo loading extremely slow, or completely stopped

Post by Sylf »

It looks like you have cargo distribution turned on. Right now, both of those food trains are dentined to Great Brindtown. But there are no gargo that is allocated to that station.
In the settings, under the Environment/Cargo distribution section, you can set Distribution mode of different types of cargo to manual to disable cargo distribution.
lekkimsm2500
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lekkimsm2500 »

Sylf wrote:It looks like you have cargo distribution turned on. Right now, both of those food trains are dentined to Great Brindtown. But there are no gargo that is allocated to that station.
In the settings, under the Environment/Cargo distribution section, you can set Distribution mode of different types of cargo to manual to disable cargo distribution.
I appreciate the fast reply! Thanks!

So, i did what you instructed. All that has changed so far, is that the "+" is gone from the station view, on the cargo, so i can't see what allocated to what anymore, but the cargo is still there, plentiful amounts, and some of the trains have exactly the same behavior as before. Once BARELY loading anything, another ain't loading at all, and a third one, same setup, just rolls on up, takes a full load, and goes right on its way again.

Edit:

Still makes no sense. Supply items comes in, they get made into food, some food goes for loading, and loads right away, and some gets put straight into the other pile. Which just stays there!

Edit:

On second thought, it actually seems to have done it. It a few ingame months, but now there's no leftover cargo. They pick up anything right away.

Thanks A LOT!
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

You may have to wait for a few in-game days before the new cargo distribution logic takes place.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”