Tile Limit / Clearing Limit on new mobile OpenTTD release 1.7.0 (Android)

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Wulffehound
Engineer
Engineer

Tile Limit / Clearing Limit on new mobile OpenTTD release 1.7.0 (Android)

Post by Wulffehound »

Hi Everyone.

I'm a massive fan of OpenTTD since playing the originals many years ago (and many other Transport Sims).
I've got a problem which I was hoping the community could help me solve, as my GoogleFu has turned up nothing.

The issue I'm having is that I have started a brand new game, and realised I had placed a road Depot rather than a Rail Depot. "Not a problem, I'll just delete it" I thought. However since the latest release I'm getting the following error: "Can't clear this area... til clearing limit reached." Similar to this is the other issue, whereby I'm trying to increase or decrease the land height by 1 level and getting this error: "Can't lower land here... landscaping limit reached".

I've literally started a brand new game and have never seen this issue before. I'm not sure if it's an issue with GRF's or the new release. I've also noticed the land will not automatically raise (diagonal pieces) if I'm trying to lay track down.

Can anyone help me understand why? :?:
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-04-04-14-59-45.png
Screenshot_2017-04-04-14-59-45.png (636.9 KiB) Viewed 1693 times
Screenshot_2017-04-04-14-59-28.png
Screenshot_2017-04-04-14-59-28.png (677.78 KiB) Viewed 1693 times
Wulffehound
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Tile Limit / Clearing Limit on new mobile OpenTTD release 1.7.0 (Android)

Post by Wulffehound »

Somewhat Resolved:

SO I did the old "delete, re-install" option, because I love playing my OpenTTD portable. The delete and re-install seems to have fixed the issue as I can now play again. For what it's worth I also downloaded the GRF's that I had installed at the same time as the update and these are working fine. So something must have been corrupted when the new update went through.

If you have to follow this course as well please note you may lose your saved games unless you back them up to the network, or manually copy the save game files.

Thanks All. 8)
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I'm going to guess that you might have accidentally changed a setting either directly through the game or by editing your openttd.cfg file that affects those. That's not the default for a new installation, so by wiping out everything and starting over, you got a fresh .cfg file.
Wulffehound
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Wulffehound »

I'm assuming something changed in the settings, buy I didn't alter anything. It was working 1 day, it updated and then wasn't working the next. But yeah, I assume the reinstall reset the configuration back to default. Lessons learned. Ha ha.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”