Refit at station not working

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Damntry
Engineer
Engineer

Refit at station not working

Post by Damntry »

Im trying to make the "Refit at station" option to work but I've had no luck. Im using OpenTTD r27836 with newGRF OpenGFX + Trains 0.3.0.

I made a test route were a train with flatbed wagon (Refittable to Wood and Goods) moves between a forest and a sawmill. At each station it unloads the cargo, refits, and then loads the appropriate cargo.

Video showing the issue.
When it jumps to the refit order, the train moves but then continues onto the next order without refitting.

The orders are specifically verbose to see the problem, but I ve tried many combinations of orders with no result.

I know I can do this with depots but I prefer for this to work since its more efficient.
Sylf
President
President

Re: Refit at station not working

Post by Sylf »

That might be a bug with the train set. I tried the same set up using OpenGFX+ Trains and NARS 2.51 - it worked with NARS, but not OGFX trains.
Damntry
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Damntry »

Sylf wrote:That might be a bug with the train set. I tried the same set up using OpenGFX+ Trains and NARS 2.51 - it worked with NARS, but not OGFX trains.
You are right. Guess I ll have to live with it for now since Im so far into this game. Thanks!
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

You can try switching to "full load" for the refitted cargo for a while, if the train picks it up, switch back to "load if available".
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Damntry
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Damntry »

Alberth wrote:You can try switching to "full load" for the refitted cargo for a while, if the train picks it up, switch back to "load if available".
I tried that but it didn´t work either.

I´m just using depots at the end of a simple terminus for refitting, but since I´m using a signals with many trains per station, it happens that if a station is full and train 1# enters the depot, the next train waiting for a slot sees the free space and gets in, and now train #1 can´t exit for a while. Not a big deal but its a wasted train not on route to transport something.
Ayo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ayo »

I stumbled on this thread just now. Super late, I know.

It's not a bug. OpenGFX+ groups flatbed wagons into different types as follows:

vehicle group:
farm supplies, engineering supplies, vehicles
stake group:
wood, lumber, metal, steel, glass, manufacturing supplies, bubbles,
fizzy drinks, batteries
flatbed (container):
goods

Refitting within a group can be done at the station (i.e. wood - lumber) but refitting between groups must be done in a depot (i.e. wood - goods). For more info, click here: https://bundles.openttdcoop.org/ogfx-tr ... readme.txt

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”