Wanted - Specific instructions on how to set up the most enjoyable type of single player games

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

SugarySnax
Engineer
Engineer

Wanted - Specific instructions on how to set up the most enjoyable type of single player games

Post by SugarySnax »

In my most recent game I used a medium map and increased the vehicle limits on all vehicles to about 2500 each. I'm using 3 AI and I have the annoying tutorial AI that I don't know how to take off. My AIs also regenerate after a little less than the default period.

This set up worked for a little bit - until the AI showed up. After that I bought them out and now my life is all about trying to get control of the whole situation. Its almost impossible to control hundreds or thousands of vehicles. Changing orders on that much stuff takes a lot of clicks and I don't see a way to do things universally. I thought I could make groups from the main bus list but you have to look at where on the map the vehicles are. Some cities aren't connected.

One of the best things would be a way to change all orders to load if available from load all. Load all creates huge traffic jams and loss of profit unless its appropriate.

It would be neat if you could design the algorithm to decide where vehicles go and what kind of stop they make so that you could run huge transport empires with tens of thousands of vehicles.

Bottom line is "What are your favorite settings for setting up a single player game?"

map size
vehicle limits
how many AI and how aggressive
any other category I didn't think of. I'm still new after all.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”