Poor rating despite loading vehicles

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Chrill

Poor rating despite loading vehicles

Post by Chrill »

Hey. So I have a massive oil refinery with trucks, trains, boats. The trains and boats leave oil and trucks + other boats pick Goods up to transport to various cities. For some reason, the rating hovers around 23% despite obviously there are vehicles there to pick the goods up.

The rating drops to 22%, picks up to 23%, drops again. The "nearby" city of Gahattan has an Outstanding rating of me so that shouldn't be causing any issues.

I use no NewGRFs that modify economy or industry, I only use various NewGRFs for new vehicles. Any idea what is causing this? I'll attach a savegame, but you might not be able to load it if there are weird NewGRFs in use :P
Attachments
Rinthill Eastern, 26th Oct 2080.png
(738.8 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Rinthill Eastern, 26th Oct 2080.sav
(382.17 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Poor rating despite loading vehicles

Post by Pyoro »

I doubt it's that simple, but you didn't recently have a crash there, did you? A train assassinating a road vehicle, for example?
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

No, but I did have a massive lockup when rebuilding it into a ro-ro. I failed to notice that, but once fixed it climbed to about 23% before getting "stuck".

EDIT: Now shifting between 19-20% about 12 months later.

EDIT 2: It picked up to about 65-70% but has since dropped back down to 20%. Is there somehow a limit to just how much I can supply in one month? I'm producing up to 6-7000 crates of goods per month
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Kalen
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kalen »

This sounds similar to the problem described in this other topic and I still have no clue why that's happening.
trainrover
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainrover »

Chrill wrote:No, but I did have a massive lockup when rebuilding it into a ro-ro. I failed to notice that, but once fixed it climbed to about 23% before getting "stuck".

EDIT: Now shifting between 19-20% about 12 months later.

EDIT 2: It picked up to about 65-70% but has since dropped back down to 20%. Is there somehow a limit to just how much I can supply in one month? I'm producing up to 6-7000 crates of goods per month
Aha! I do indeed recognise those patterns of yours, I'm the one who started the above-linked thread. My temporary relief, however, went up to 42%, being nowhere near either 65 or 70%. The station ratings have 'comfortably' settled to very poor at 18% for a few years now.

My refineries produce up to 17 000 crates per month, depending on their incoming oil deliveries.

It's strange, because I have a food processing plant that produces 14 500 tons of food per month, and gives me no headache.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”