TTRS vs TBRS

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Translink
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

TTRS vs TBRS

Post by Translink »

I'm sure that most of yous will have heard of or maybe even use the Total Town Replacement Set and Total Bridge Renewal Set NewGRFs. TTRS changes, amongst other things, the road surface and road bridges to make them look nicer whereas TBRS changes both road and rail bridges. If you have tried using them together you will know that they conflict with each other (Yes, I know there is a warning provided in the description of both) and TBRS bridges will over ride TTRS roadbridges. My issue with that is that the TBRS bridges use the default texture which a) is ugly b) stands out from the TTRS road texture. The question I want to ask is: Is there any way I can modify the Total Bridge Renewal Set so that it only affects rail bridges and does not conflict with Total Town Renewal Set road bridges?
kamnet

Re: TTRS vs TBRS

Post by kamnet »

It would have to be recoded, which I believe Thgergo has said he would like to do eventually, but doesn't have time to do now.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

There's a TBRS 1.11 version that's compatible, I think?
Unless I misunderstand the question. And admittedly the save is so old I have no idea where the GRF is from. Probably buried somewhere.

€: alright, I investigated my screenshot thread a little, and there's a 1.11 TBRS version that has the road style from TTRS 1950+ (or whenever the era switches). Those "old style" road bridges GRF I think I adjusted myself:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=62642&start=60#p1068266
I wish I hadn't been so needlessly cryptic, but comparing that screenshot to the older ones that's what I think I did there ^^;;;
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

There's definitely a TTRS compatible version of TBRS. I just don't know where it is :P
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Kalen
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kalen »

Chrill wrote:There's definitely a TTRS compatible version of TBRS. I just don't know where it is :P
I believe it's this one. It's version 1.11 and only contains modern roads, but at least it works neatly alongside TTRS3. The third parameter in TTRS3 should be set to 1 (use TTRS roads but default bridges).
Last edited by Kalen on 17 Mar 2017 06:32, edited 1 time in total.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Yup, Kalen's link above is what I used in this screenshot for example:
download/file.php?id=191739
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Kalen
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kalen »

Keep in mind though that track sprites in this set are in their TTDX baseset flavour, so if you use OpenGFX for example you'll notice some inconsistencies. With standard rail they're almost unnoticeable, but monorail and maglev tracks are affected more. NewGRF railtypes should be fine, however.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”