Screen res issues 1.7.0-RC1

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

dominion4uk
Engineer
Engineer

Screen res issues 1.7.0-RC1

Post by dominion4uk »

Hi there people!
I am having a problem with my game where i set the screen size to 1920-1080 and the game is in full screen, the start screen is totally fine but when i start a new game or load a game, the screen becomes supersized and I cant get to any of the UI as it is all outside my screen. I have tried many fixes and still cant seem to get it to stop zooming in. All other settings are set to normal so i dont understand what its doing. Plz somebody help me :bow: I am running the latest 1.7.0-RC1 but cant seem to find anyone with this problem.
Thanks guys.

* EDIT * I just ran the game in windowed mode and it worked fine, I cld see all the UI and then when I tried to switch it back to FULL SCREEN mode, it came up with a red box saying 'full screen error' Any help with how to fix this wld be great.
Scautura
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Screen res issues 1.7.0-RC1

Post by Scautura »

Assuming you use Windows: Do you use screen scaling of any sort (making on-screen items bigger)?

I had this issue in the past, where everything would seem OK in Windowed mode, but when I use the fullscreen mode for my screen resolution, the UI was outside the bounds of the screen. Try selecting a smaller fullscreen resolution to check if that works (in my case, a smaller resolution worked)
Duct tape is like the Force - it has a Dark side, a Light side, and it holds the universe together.
dominion4uk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dominion4uk »

I dont use any screen scaling and yes, I am on windows 10. This is getting annoying now as its something that just keeps on going but the game runs fine in windowed mode.
This is also only happened with 1.7+ as all versions before that worked fine.
Please tell me somebody is looking into this....
frosch
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by frosch »

Someone claimed that this is fixed in 1.7.1.
Can you confirm or deny?
⢇⡸⢸⠢⡇⡇⢎⡁⢎⡱⢸⡱⢸⣭⠀⢸⢜⢸⢸⣀⢸⣀⢸⣭⢸⡱⠀⢰⠭⡆⣫⠰⣉⢸⢸⠀⢰⠭⡆⡯⡆⢹⠁⠀⢐⠰⡁

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”