Cargo analysis

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

jensen1986
Engineer
Engineer

Cargo analysis

Post by jensen1986 »

Hi all

Is there a way to see how much coal, valuables, passengers ect. I deliver and perhaps how much each cargo-segment contributes to my income. Instead of now, where i can only see how much cargo i transport in total. Hope my question makes sense :)

Morten
_dp_
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Cargo analysis

Post by _dp_ »

Hi! CityMania client has a window that shows monthly and total amounts/income for each cango. And you can also enable/disable individual cargos in cargo graph.

Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

I really wonder why you need this information.

Say you look up coal transport, and you make 5M, and it's 20%. Then what?
What can you learn from these numbers?
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Some people like statistics for statistics sake. ;) Personally I can see how it might be "fun" to watch through the duration of save game, where you started and when profits for x and y increased and how you ended up.
And of course there's some storytelling possibilities if you go into screenshots/AARs or something.
In any case such statistics would be more interesting to me than the pointless "score" system.

In the gameplay sense I can only see it as "oh, so my coal network is somehow more profitable than iron ore network, let's see investigate why that is..." But usually looking at the cargo delivery price graph (whatever it's called) will answer that question. ^^
jensen1986
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jensen1986 »

Yeah its only for my own amusement :)

Could I download that from citymania and still use my saved game?
lcd_47
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lcd_47 »

Alberth wrote:Say you look up coal transport, and you make 5M, and it's 20%. Then what?
What can you learn from these numbers?
I suppose it's useful for people playing with city builder scripts. Although personally I prefer a different patch, that shows income by groups of vehicles (this is useful for assessing the efficiency of the various chains in the network).
_dp_
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by _dp_ »

It's useful on cargo or money goal and quest servers. For cb there are better ways to see town requirements/deliveries.

jensen1986, yes, CityMania client should be fully compatible with vanilla, including savegames. Though it's mostly meant to be used in multiplayer and singleplayer may not be tested very well. So I'd recommend you to check everything yourself first just to be safe.
einsteinyh
Engineer
Engineer

Post by einsteinyh »

citymania is compatible with jgrpp? have you tested it?
EDIT: I've just seen that it's a patch, so... not compatible :(

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”