max. train speed only 200km/h? How to change?

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Doomlord
Engineer
Engineer

max. train speed only 200km/h? How to change?

Post by Doomlord »

Hi all,
I've recently started a new game with latest OTTD 1.6.1.
I did not notice at the first decades that when building tracks, it states (200km/h) behind normal and electrified track build option pulldown.
Now i got some trains which have a higher max speed but they run only at 200 km/h.
see attachment.
how can I change the default 200km/h limit for normal and electrified tracks?

thanks a lot for your help

Regards

Doomlord
Attachments
Zwischenablage01.jpg
Zwischenablage01.jpg (592 KiB) Viewed 495 times
Sylf
President
President

Re: max. train speed only 200km/h? How to change?

Post by Sylf »

You are using some NewGRF that's imposing the track speed limit. Check all of the NewGRFs you are using.
If you're still lost, you can post the sav file for the game that's showing the problem, and we can try to figure out the culprit.
Doomlord
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Doomlord »

Well, thanks a lot. Yes, it is a parameter of the SBB set called "speed limitation". hmm
If I disable the switch, it only affects new games and the (200km/h) limitations goes way.
But is there any way to add this change to the save game? Otherwise my whole game would lost buhuu.
I've attached the sav file

Thanks again and have a great weekend ahead.

Doomlord
Attachments
Chemnitz Railways, 22. Aug 1983.sav
(667.24 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Doomlord wrote:If I disable the switch, it only affects new games and the (200km/h) limitations goes way.
But is there any way to add this change to the save game? Otherwise my whole game would lost buhuu.
In your OpenTTD folder, there should be a file called openttd.cfg. You will need to open it (I find notepad works best). In there, there should be a line that says "scenario_developer=" followed by either true or false, you will need to change it to the other one. This should then allow you to make changes to both your newGRFs and Parameters in running games.

Note, there is a small risk that changing GRFs in a running may break your save file (I am not so sure about if the same happens with Parameters), so make sure you keep a backup save if you start changing GRFs.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”