Cargodist for stops in a row

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Manivo
Engineer
Engineer

Cargodist for stops in a row

Post by Manivo »

Hi everyone,

Couldn't find anything in the forums to do with my problem:

I've been having issues with having trains with multiple stops in a row. For example a train with three stops: A - B - C
The problem I'm facing is that passengers only board the train for the next stop on the line, that is passengers in stop A will board for B, but never for C.
I tried both reversing (A->B->C->B->A) lines and looping ones (A->B->C->A), both with the same passenger behavior.

What happens is that cargodist will create passengers that want to reach stop C (because it's connected to the network), but they won't actually board the train to go there. It's not that they're waiting for a faster/shorter route either - because there is none - in the case I tried it was a single line train connecting three towns which were otherwise completely disconnected from the rest of the network.

Is this working as intended, or a bug/setting I'm missing?
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Cargodist for stops in a row

Post by Transportman »

Can you post a savegame with said situation? That makes things checking easier. I never noticed said behavior, but also never paid attention to such details.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Manivo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Manivo »

Attached,

The behavior in this one is a bit different from what I had in my previous game - the passengers are getting picked up for all destinations but not dropped off correctly. They are created with destination for all later stops, but are all dropped off at the next station down the line (as can be noticed in the train cargo - it empties completely before refilling with passengers from that station).

The buildup of passengers I've had in my other game may have been due to me changing the route (Turned it from reversing to looping) so cargodist may have not updated yet, but the root problem remains that passenger destinations don't seem to be handled correctly.
Attachments
Cargodist-with-multiple-stations.sav
(50.46 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
mrjack2
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mrjack2 »

I can't load your savegame but have you set unload orders? E.g. unload all cargo? Your description makes it sound like that.

Whereas you should just be leaving that as the default, unload if accepted.
Manivo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Manivo »

Nope, just goto orders for the stations, no load/unload or anything.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Manivo wrote:Attached
PLEASE say so when you use a patched OpenTTD.

People expect that you use vanilla OpenTTD.

For a patched version ask the person who patched it.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Manivo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Manivo »

Oops. I kinda forgot I was on a patched version.

I'll be checking how far I can put my foot in my mouth now. Apologies! :)

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”