Unable to plant Forest on Sub-Arctic

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

axkazex93
Engineer
Engineer

Unable to plant Forest on Sub-Arctic

Post by axkazex93 »

Hi! I've been unable to plant Forest on Sub-Arctic map, and yes I know that Forest can only be grown above snow-line and they need enough flat land to be planted, the thing is, I do have all of this and still can't plant Forest. When I generate a new world, it says that there were no suitable places for 'Forest'.

I uploaded an screenshot on attachments. To explain the screenshot, that area is like that (without trees) because I created it manually, just to see if it was going to plant, but it not worked... I also tried to plant trees there manually to see if the lack of trees in my newly created area was the problem, didn't worked too.

PS.: I'm using Flat configuration, snow-line parameter to 3 because I don't like Hilly, Mountain and etc... because they are too messy for me. I tried to change snow-line parameter to its lowest (2), but it didn't worked regardless of having enough snow covered areas to plant lots of forests! BUT I'm able to plant forests when I set to Mountain or Alpinist, but not on the other ones, even reducing the snow-line parameter to its lowest, which is 2.
Attachments
wtf.jpg
(745.85 KiB) Not downloaded yet
SilverSurferZzZ
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Unable to plant Forest on Sub-Arctic

Post by SilverSurferZzZ »

The forest don't grow above the snow, only below (the same as fruit plantation).

The best option, summer time to plant all forest.
NewGRFs__
City names/Landscape: Naruto | Planets | Lovers | Halloween | Kaijus
Vehicles: Famous Cars | Super Cars | Racing Cars | Cars Cars | Improved M Cars

SilverSurferZzZ has left the building!
axkazex93
Engineer
Engineer

Post by axkazex93 »

SilverSurferZzZ wrote:The forest don't grow above the snow, only below (the same as fruit plantation).

The best option, summer time to plant all forest.
In Sub-Arctic they must be above the snowline. See the message in the screenshot I uploaded.
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

Once the map is created, can you save it, and post that .sav file? It's odd that you can't place a forest like that.
SilverSurferZzZ
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SilverSurferZzZ »

I don't play since... and remember that i waited for summer, for planting everything :)

If don't work... maybe be a conflict between industry sets, for example. In any case...
Sylf wrote:Once the map is created, can you save it, and post that .sav file? It's odd that you can't place a forest like that.
The best is to include here the .sav for explore all problems, and/or inform about your NewGRFs list.
NewGRFs__
City names/Landscape: Naruto | Planets | Lovers | Halloween | Kaijus
Vehicles: Famous Cars | Super Cars | Racing Cars | Cars Cars | Improved M Cars

SilverSurferZzZ has left the building!
axkazex93
Engineer
Engineer

Post by axkazex93 »

Sylf wrote:Once the map is created, can you save it, and post that .sav file? It's odd that you can't place a forest like that.
That one I didn't saved, but doesn't matter as it is any game I create I can't plant forest... So here is one I generated now.
Attachments
Unnamed, 1st Jan 1945.sav
(107.56 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

The forest issue comes from OpenGFX+ Landscape's variable snow line feature. It's currently set up to have snow line of 4 in January and 15 in July. Forest can only be planted above the permanent snow line - 16 tiles or higher. Change the snowline for July to 4, and you'll have your forests.
axkazex93
Engineer
Engineer

Post by axkazex93 »

Sylf wrote:The forest issue comes from OpenGFX+ Landscape's variable snow line feature. It's currently set up to have snow line of 4 in January and 15 in July. Forest can only be planted above the permanent snow line - 16 tiles or higher. Change the snowline for July to 4, and you'll have your forests.
Oh '-' I completely forgot that I had this NewGRF... I just did what you said and now it is working.
Thank you very much!

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”