NuTracks more with than five types of rail

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

bsamu
Engineer
Engineer

NuTracks more with than five types of rail

Post by bsamu »

Hi!

I'd like to know if there's an option with the NuTracks newgrf to increase the types of rails. In my version, you can set the parameters of the very low, low, medium, high, and very high speed rails. That is 5 types. Where I live, concerning the speed limits, we have everything between 20 km/h and 160 km/h, together with a lot of slow zones, so if I want to create a realistic map, I need more than five railway type.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: NuTracks more with than five types of rail

Post by Transportman »

You would need to create your own set then, you can have up to 16 railtypes then, although you are bound to the default ones. You could create it in NML, which is relatively easy to do.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
bsamu
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bsamu »

Thanks for your answer, I was hoping for an easier solution, this one needs a little more time which I don't have much now.
TimeLapse1357
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TimeLapse1357 »

You could put waypoints where you want the speed limit to change, then use the time table to set speed limits between waypoints/stations.
this works without setting the travel/wait times, so you don't have to actually timetable them for the speed limits to work.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”