Multi-headed engines bug

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

jazzdale
Engineer
Engineer

Multi-headed engines bug

Post by jazzdale »

the collective power doesnt make any effect!
Attachments
screenshot of problem:
screenshot of problem:
Wundhattan Ridge Transport, 23rd Feb 1950.jpg (276.72 KiB) Viewed 3814 times
Dan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Dan »

Have you read the manual? it clearly states that after the 3rd(or 4th) engine additional engines don't have any effect on speed or power they are just dead weight.
╔═════════════════╗
║░ГЯΔИ$PØЯГ Г¥¢ØØИ!░║
║▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒║
║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓║
║▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒║
║░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░║
╚═════════════════╝
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

All engines use their power to move the train, but to see an effect of it, the engine have to deliver A LOT of power (hp) compared to it's own weight. It doesn't matter how many of the same engine you add together when you have no cars because you don't increase power/weight radio. However, if you add cars to that train, you will not see a noteworthy slowdown

I'm 100% sure that all engines operate since I made that code myself. You just need to remember that it is power/weight radio that you have to alter and not just power. It also doesn't add to topspeed to add engines
mike[F]
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mike[F] »

Why did you decide to do it this way, rather than going for the patch's option of making the trains a little bit faster? I like my trains with a bit more oomf, it particularly helps early on.
-mike[F]
Caught in the rush of the crowd, lost in a wall of sound...
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

Because the engines will break if they are moving faster than their max speed. The max speed is not the physical max speed but the speed they are designed to go at max.
An engine with a max at 100 km/h might be able to go 140 km/h, but with a serius risk of breaking it because the moving parts can't handle the speed. The front engine might also derail because the wheels placement are too unstable at high speed

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”