Zpomalení hry

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

šnek
Engineer
Engineer

Zpomalení hry

Post by šnek »

Zpomaluje se mi hra, při větším množství vlaků. Neví někdo co s tím? :cry:

---

My game slows down when there are more trains. Does anyone know what to do about it? :cry:
Last edited by kamnet on 11 Feb 2024 19:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: English translation provided by Kamnet
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Zpomalení hry

Post by Redirect Left »

šnek wrote: 11 Feb 2024 18:20 My game slows down when there are more trains. Does anyone know what to do about it? :cry:
The more trains (or indeed, any vehicles) you have, the more processor usage is required to manage it all.

What is your full system specifications such as processor?
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
šnek
Engineer
Engineer

Post by šnek »

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-14700KF 3.40 GHz
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

So that should be a capable CPU, unless you're doing thousands upon thousands of units?
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
šnek
Engineer
Engineer

Post by šnek »

Ano nad 1000 vlaků se hra začíná hodně zpomalovat. Ale co je limitem když ne harware?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Map size, possibly. The bigger the map, the more CPU and RAM its going to chew up.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

šnek wrote: 11 Feb 2024 20:17 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-14700KF 3.40 GHz
the original game, 30 years ago, was designed for a PC with 33MHz, and the game came to a crawl with a completely filled map.

your modern PC is (naively counted) 100 times faster than that.(*)

but the game has become more complex since then. you can have 100 times more vehicles, you can have 100 times bigger maps. you can have NewGRFs with animations, you can have cargo distribution. vehicles can find their destinations over much larger distances.

all these improvements mean that the faster PC will be pushed to its limits again. this will happen with all simulation-style games.

(*) new processor architectures and compiler optimisations mean that the raw GHz number isn't really comparable.
skc
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by skc »

Eddi wrote: 14 Feb 2024 03:00
šnek wrote: 11 Feb 2024 20:17 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-14700KF 3.40 GHz
the original game, 30 years ago, was designed for a PC with 33MHz, and the game came to a crawl with a completely filled map.

your modern PC is (naively counted) 100 times faster than that.(*)

but the game has become more complex since then. you can have 100 times more vehicles, you can have 100 times bigger maps. you can have NewGRFs with animations, you can have cargo distribution. vehicles can find their destinations over much larger distances.

all these improvements mean that the faster PC will be pushed to its limits again. this will happen with all simulation-style games.

(*) new processor architectures and compiler optimisations mean that the raw GHz number isn't really comparable.
Also, almost all of OpenTTD runs in a single thread.
šnek
Engineer
Engineer

Post by šnek »

Image Hra vytěžuje pouze jedno vlákno na maximum. Hra neběží na více vláknech procesoru?
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

šnek wrote: 14 Feb 2024 14:46 Image Hra vytěžuje pouze jedno vlákno na maximum. Hra neběží na více vláknech procesoru?
As noted above by skc, OpenTTD runs in only one thread*, and no it can't easily be made to use more.

*except in multiplayer, it'll do network tasks in a separate thread to my knowledge, but just network stuff.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”