Help me! Ayuda!

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Amsu
Engineer
Engineer

Help me! Ayuda!

Post by Amsu »

buenas a todos espero q algien me pueda ayudar...

tengo esta version de openTTD ====> http://prntscr.com/4dqcw6

estuve bajando y probando diferentes versiones, pero alguna le faltaba la musica a otras los efectos de sonido...

esta anda bien! salvo que no me salen los nombres de los pueblos y otros carteles......

antes de empezar me sale este cartel:

"ini: invalid value 'SHOW_TOWN_NAMES|SHOW_SIGNS|FULL_ANIMATION|FULL_DETAIL|WAYPOINTS|SHOW_COMPETITOR_SIGNS' for 'display_opt'"

pero ya lei que lo puedo remediar asi : http://prntscr.com/4dqezr

Pero... yo quiero actualizar el juego a la anteultima version 1.3 ¿ es esa verdad?

¿como hago? hay alguna forma de instalar todo en el mismo directorio? o sea.. openmsx y opensfx . el patch tambien...

si alguien me lo explicaria se lo agradeceria

respond in English if it is more comfortable for you
I find it easier to understand written English to write: P

if someone needs to translate this to english y do for you

I'll take a little more time :((

:lol: :lol:
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Help me! Ayuda!

Post by planetmaker »

I find it not only difficult to read Spanish, I find it impossible. Thus please make an effort in trying to communicate here in English and amend your posting by an English problem description - especially as this is an English-speaking forum where postings are expected to be in English.
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

My rough translation (not machine translated) wrote:Greetings to all, I hope that someone can help me...

I have this version of OTTD ====> http://prntscr.com/4dqcw6

I was downloading and trying different versions, but some lacked music and others lacked sound effects...

This one runs well! Except I can't see the names of cities and other companies...

Before starting, this error message appears:

"ini: invalid value 'SHOW_TOWN_NAMES|SHOW_SIGNS|FULL_ANIMATION|FULL_DETAIL|WAYPOINTS|SHOW_COMPETITOR_SIGNS' for 'display_opt'"

But I've already read that I can fix it like this : http://prntscr.com/4dqezr

But... I want to update the game to version 1.3, is that right?

How do I do this? Is there another method of installing everything in the same directory? Like should there be... openmsx & opensfx . the patch as well...

If someone can explain things to me I would be grateful.

It seems you are trying to run OTTD 0.6.3, a very old version. Please try uninstalling everything and using the most recent version: http://www.openttd.org/download-stable
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Amsu
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Amsu »

ok,.. her it goeees jajaj

first supercheese,.. thnk you very much . the traduction is something like that =)

my problem is this:
when y download " Windows XP with SP3 / Vista / 7 (32bit) (installer)" from here : http://www.openttd.org/download-stable

installed it correctly, but y have no sound, no fx , no esenarios , no pre-loaded scenarios and some missions that came with the game, for example .... "reach 1,000,000 population for year xxxx" or "Connect 6 cities etc etc".

I tryed installing the following files : OpenGFX (graphics), OpenSFX (sound) and OpenMSX (music) but even reading the read-me I could not understand how to install it correctly

please if anyone can explain to me even an explanation for dummies .exactly where y must install the OpenGFX (graphics), OpenSFX (sound) and OpenMSX (music) y will apreciate it!

------------------------

Another question: What are NewGRFs and to what used for?

Thank U in advance!
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

You can install basesets as such:
basesets.png
basesets.png (145.25 KiB) Viewed 1581 times
(My drawing skills are terrible) :shock:
Amsu wrote: Another question: What are NewGRFs and to what used for?
They add to or modify the game in quite a lot of ways.
I wrote this rather boring post to describe them in detail. :wink:
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
Amsu
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Amsu »

exellent, thank U very much! y have my ttd running completly!
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Amsu wrote:installed it correctly, but y have no sound, no fx , no esenarios , no pre-loaded scenarios and some missions that came with the game, for example .... "reach 1,000,000 population for year xxxx" or "Connect 6 cities etc etc".
If you want a scenario with a goal, download the "Split" scenario from online content. It come with a script that add a goal.

However, there are not many others who have tried to do this. What you can find is Game Scripts that you download and can use in any random game where these scripts add goals and challenges to your game. For example NoCarGoal will ask you to transport X amount of cargo Y1, Y2 and Y3 before year Z. If you take 3 you get gold medal, 2 gives silver medal and completing one give you bronze medal. Another similar script is Silicon Valley.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”