Tooltips

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

WWTBAM

Tooltips

Post by WWTBAM »

Are there supposed to be tool tips for all the main tool bar buttons as well as buttons in the construction windows? I ask as OTTD does.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Tooltips

Post by planetmaker »

Possibly. What's the issue?
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

I was expecting them to work the TTD way whereby they can be activated by left clicking.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

roboboy wrote:I was expecting them to work the TTD way whereby they can be activated by left clicking.
They either work in OpenTTD by right clicking or by simply hovering over the buttons (that's default, can be changed in adv. settings). Left-clicking for buttons obviously is not very smart (and I assume right click is what TTD does, too?)
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

planetmaker wrote:
roboboy wrote:I was expecting them to work the TTD way whereby they can be activated by left clicking.
They either work in OpenTTD by right clicking or by simply hovering over the buttons (that's default, can be changed in adv. settings). Left-clicking for buttons obviously is not very smart (and I assume right click is what TTD does, too?)
I meant to say right click re TTD. For me in nightly r25461 and 1.3.2 right clicking does not work for me on Windows 7.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

roboboy wrote:
planetmaker wrote:
I meant to say right click re TTD. For me in nightly r25461 and 1.3.2 right clicking does not work for me on Windows 7.
Yes. As said: by default the setting is such that hovering over the button for 3(?) seconds works. If you want right click or a different hover time, change it in the adv. settings. That will work in all but a handful of cases (and that's the reason we use 'hover'). You probably need to use 'advanced' or 'all' settings to get that option.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Aha. I was expecting when lowering that value to drop to 0 seconds for hover. All sorted. :)

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”