Going full screen in OSX not working on Mountain Lion

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

glinkot
Engineer
Engineer

Going full screen in OSX not working on Mountain Lion

Post by glinkot »

Hi!

First, let me just say I find openttd a very inspiring project - not many open source projects are as vibrant and long standing as this one. So well done! :bow:

Just thought I'd give openttd a crack on my mac laptop. I was very pleased (and surprised!) to see it supports the 2880 x 1800 resolution. However when I go to tick 'full screen' it says "Fullscreen mode failed."

I've only ever used it on windows previously and had no problems. Is this a known and/or resolvable issue?

Thanks
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Going full screen in OSX not working on Mountain Lion

Post by planetmaker »

glinkot wrote: I've only ever used it on windows previously and had no problems. Is this a known and/or resolvable issue?
It's somewhat known. And it's resolvable - but sadly only by means of a developer who has the proper system and means to fix it - something which is hard to come by.

http://bugs.openttd.org/index.php?string=osx and specifically http://bugs.openttd.org/task/4744
glinkot
Engineer
Engineer

Post by glinkot »

Thanks for that! Sounds like a working patch exists, and some intention to put it in a future release. Thanks for the reply :)
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

We've had that intention for several years, but there are not many Mac devs that can actually fix these bugs :(
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

Maybe another 'appeal' for mac devs, or at least people who can test patches, is needed
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

You need a patch author first, otherwise the testers have nothing to do :)
One of the problems of the Mac platform is also that every release is different. Many patches are designed for just one release, and they tend to make things worse with other versions.
So ideally you need a dev that has access to several different machines.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”