There should be kicking system for blockers

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

magnum06
Engineer
Engineer

There should be kicking system for blockers

Post by magnum06 »

On multiplayer games we have a lot of blokers. they block your railways or stations.
we need a voting system to kick them. each player can vote to kick a player. may be kicked player get a temporal ban.
I leave games that I spend hours just for that reason. we realy need such a solution.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: There should be kicking system for blockers

Post by Alberth »

Unless they have more votes, then they vote you out.

So far the only really working solution we found is to only play at servers that are actively managed. That is, a sysop is around during the game to kick badly behaving people.

Unfortunately, managing a server takes lots of time for its owner :(
Espee
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: There should be kicking system for blockers

Post by Espee »

There is an analagous problem when a player stops a train or road vehicle, not for malicious purposes but to deal with a construction or congestion issue then forgets about it. This is not uncommon if you have ever played a game with several hundred trains and/or road vehicles. My suggestion would be as follows:

(1) If a player's train or road vehicles is stopped for a given length of time (say, one year of play time) AND not stopped completely within the boundaries in a station or maintenance depot, a message is displayed to that player that his/her vehicle is stopped and must be moved.
(2) If the player does not move the vehicle within a given amount of time, a second message appears advising the player that the vehicle must either be moved or will automatically be deleted by the game. If the player still does not move the vehicle, it is then deleted from play.

Hope that helps...

SP

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”