Disable Local Authorith

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

cristianrock
Engineer
Engineer

Disable Local Authorith

Post by cristianrock »

Because I cant build 2 station in the same town
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Disable Local Authorith

Post by Eddi »

cheats->magic bulldozer (careful with that! if enabled, towns and other companies also can remove your stuff)
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

Or plant trees until they like you again.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Plant A LOT of trees around the town.

Or... bribe them. (recomended to save the game before you do this)
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Yoursnotmine wrote:(recomended to save the game before you do this)
Why? The only downside is the potential to be 'found out', and all that does is stop you making any more bribes for a while...
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

(careful with that! if enabled, towns and other companies also can remove your stuff)
No, that's what THEY want you to think. I play with magic bulldozer on all the time without any problems at all. I have no idea why this myth is still being propagated.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Emperor Jake wrote:
(careful with that! if enabled, towns and other companies also can remove your stuff)
No, that's what THEY want you to think. I play with magic bulldozer on all the time without any problems at all. I have no idea why this myth is still being propagated.
Your mum.

IIRC the actual danger with having magic bulldozer on is that expanding towns will remove industries.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

PikkaBird wrote: IIRC the actual danger with having magic bulldozer on is that expanding towns will remove industries.
Still a myth. I have proof; several games that have been going for hundreds of years that have thriving industries surrounded by growing towns. I do remember it happening a long time ago in earlier versions of OTTD (meaning 0.6-ish and older IIRC), but it seems to have been fixed since then.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

FLHerne wrote:
Yoursnotmine wrote:(recomended to save the game before you do this)
Why? The only downside is the potential to be 'found out', and all that does is stop you making any more bribes for a while...
Hey hey, i have done that for a lot, and 2/3 of all my tries always ended up with "your bribe has discovered by a local investigator", which we can't bribe again after all and our rating plunge to appalling - A disaster !!
Thats why - save the game before - will allow you to re-load the game as if you never bribed.
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

The easiest thing to do is just be nice to your town, build slowly, don't buy up too much land at a time, be patient. Plant lots of trees. If you must bribe, do it in small amounts every few months, not all at once. Most importantly, provide your stations in the town with good service.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Emperor Jake wrote:
Update: I've just done a small test game, and concluded that AI's CAN remove industries if the bulldozer is enabled. However, I still haven't seen a town do it. I never play with AIs usually, so it's not a problem for me.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Towns don't even build over NewObjects that don't need to be razed (magical bulldozer or not), it'd be really odd for them to just go and specifically destroy any industry of sorts ...
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Emperor Jake wrote: Update: I've just done a small test game, and concluded that AI's CAN remove industries if the bulldozer is enabled. However, I still haven't seen a town do it. I never play with AIs usually, so it's not a problem for me.
...If they HAVE the money, I think.

(Played a game from 1970-2152 with that settings on, never seen such thing. AI and towns. Even the town already engulfed the factory, but its never happened.)
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

I saw AdmiralAI accidentally destroy a refinery when trying to make room for a bigger truck station. It doesn't happen often, but the posibility is there.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Emperor Jake wrote:I saw AdmiralAI accidentally destroy a refinery when trying to make room for a bigger truck station. It doesn't happen often, but the posibility is there.
Ah, then its a specific AI case I think ? AIAI, Trans, SimpleAI, Dictator, AroAI, Rondje, WmDOT (yes, just to record it built roads and oilrig networks) never did it, I just downloaded these AI's though, never tried the others.
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
wakou
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wakou »

Yoursnotmine wrote:Plant A LOT of trees around the town.
I have read posts and FAQ's on this subject, but I cannot make any headway! If I am rated 'appalling' by a LA, it seems to be impossible to get back. ie I have a town, NOT growing, rating 'appalling'. I cannot build any more stations, all those I have are rated good or better. I have financed new buildings, built a HQ, and planted an entire block of 5 x 9 game squares with max density of trees, How long does it take to get to a situation where I can build even a tiny bus station? The stations I have are all connected, I guess this means that they only count as one station? Is there a way to show my LA rating in a more granular way, ie a % figure, to see if I am making any progress? One other thing, there used to be a farm in the town, but it closed, I guess due to 'neglect' (there was only one food process plant on the whole map and I could not service it in the early days from that farm). The station shows a rating for livestock and wheat @ 25%, even though no farm produce has been available for many decades. Should I build a couple of trucks, to visit even though no produce would be available?
wakou
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wakou »

wakou wrote:
Yoursnotmine wrote:Plant A LOT of trees around the town.
One other thing, there used to be a farm in the town, but it closed, I guess due to 'neglect' (there was only one food process plant on the whole map and I could not service it in the early days from that farm). The station shows a rating for livestock and wheat @ 25%, even though no farm produce has been available for many decades. Should I build a couple of trucks, to visit even though no produce would be available?
!! I did this and the ratings for livestock/wheat are creeping up, even though there is none being carried/produced!!!! They are both now at about 50% but LA still rates me 'Appaling' I have planted a few hundred more trees!
Last edited by wakou on 26 Feb 2013 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

wakou wrote:with max density of trees
planting trees only counts if there was no tree on the tile before
wakou
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wakou »

Eddi wrote:
wakou wrote:with max density of trees
planting trees only counts if there was no tree on the tile before
!! Ah Ha!I did not know this! Ty Eddi!
wakou
Engineer
Engineer

Post by wakou »

Sorry to give a live running commentary, but...... I now have Very good for livestock and wheat, despite there being no supply. And I have given a £4,000,000 bribe two years ago, (who are these people? Berlusconi?) And am still rated appalling. And had the roadworks done!

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”